hit tracker

New ban-resistant Xbox 360 firmware coming soon from C4eva

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 13, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 13, 2009 at 9:58 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    It looks as if Microsoft's efforts to ban all those 360's has made hackers pretty angry! According to reports, C4eva has a new firmware in the works with all features of it indistinguisable from the original so there will be NO MORE bans!

<blockquote>4Eva announced he's working on a new firmware on IRC:
    "[c4eva] new fw in dev/test - ixtreme LT (Lite Touch) - more efficient , minimal patching , all aspects of fw indistinguisable from orig, no more bans, No ETA!"

We do not have more details atm.
    As far as we know the 3 'test boxes' C4Eva has running (see here) are still fine (not banned).</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51511" target="_blank">Team-Xecuter</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 13, 2009.

1. 891
      dannybII

dannybII Loyal Member

FFS some folks eh?
      Wave 4 on discs is not a new security and it's not a new protection.

If people can't even grasp the basics why is anyone even listening to what they have to say regarding bans?

As for taking the word of someone who's read something on another forum who in turn knows someones uncle :confused::confused:

These are public forums. The breeding ground for mis-information, and lets face it lies.

After the first ever wave of bans I read avidly every post trying to find a patern. It never existed online then and it certainly doesn't exist now.

I have test units myself on live and sufficed to say the only things I trust are those I KNOW to be true.

2. 430
      The_Nothing

The_Nothing Loyal Member

MS will find a way to detect it eventually.

No way will it be ban-resistant.

MS is not stupid, they will get their hands on this firmware, and find some vulnerability on it. Detect it on live. Then BAM new ban wave.

Let face it, its just not worth it. Buy a new box for legit games and online. Use old modded box for backups only. Thats the only real Ban-resistant way to play.

After this ban wave, one million people will have to buy new Xbox 360's to get back on live and regain HDD compatibility. Who in the right mind is going to re-flash with this so-called undetectable FW and play on live again after getting banned before? Who will risk it again? Not me.

Thats like a mouse getting caught in a trap breaking both of its back legs. Only to survive to fall for the same trap all over again.

3. 125
      Skevast

Skevast Loyal Member

People with very old firmware that i know have been spared, I belive their firmware was stealth but without the splitvid hack that reads the same layer twice and also without the 359 mdodification. They needed to make al games splitvid with abxg and adjust the 359 angle manually. Two of them only used originals on their 360 and 1 used only copys not one original, all of them were Live junkies.

I am not sure if Ixtreme reads the video partition twice from the same layer on all games including originals and backups with splitvid. Because that could explain alot, it takes some time to ajust the laser to read the second layer, That's why 360's that do this faster because they only need to read the same layer again are getting caught. The new firmware only needs to test the DVD once when you try a game and if the timing between reading the videopartition from diffrent layers is to fast the firmware flags the 360 and after you connect to Live the 360 Firmware talks to the Live Service, maybe even on another IP just to confuse us more, who knows maybe you don't even need to login, the firmware could talk to microsoft as soon you're connected to a Network with an Internet connection.

The one thing I am 100% sure about is the New Firmware/Dash, several of my friends flashed back to original DVD Firmware before updateing to the update that came with Modern Warfare 2, the same update you get when you connect to the Live service. None of them were banned. So the new update gives the 360 some new Offline/Online instruktions that helps ms with the bannings.

So if you're a chicken and haven't updated yet to the newest dashbord you will be able to reverse your DVD firmware to original, except the LiteOn because there isn't an original for the LiteOn.

The people I was talking about that wasn't banned all had Samsung drives, They had Ixtreme 1.2 or something. It was before the splitvid and 359 angle...

4. 185
      breakfast4

breakfast4 Loyal Member

Wtf

This news is old, How about posting directions to the 1934 World's Fair, that is about as useful.

5. 2
      vital2

vital2 Loyal Member

firmware

So C4eva won't make another firmware that would maybe be unbannable?

6. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

lool.

skeav or whatever is probably right, the new update made it easier to detect the fw.

either way i highly doubt this new LT will be unbannable, tell me that if you survive next year's ban.

then we'll see.

7. 5,961
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

I don't know why everyone seems to think that MS can't read or see the firmware. A pc can detect the firmware it has on it's hardware without directly reading the data on it, they can check size crc, name etc with simple programmes without putting them in a editing state. It wouldn't be hard for MS to include a simple firmware check prog to run at boot up, if the firmware doesn't match the ones in it's data base (which would be small so would take next to no time to check against) then it is flagged for the next boot into XBL. They could even do a full test on boot up when the firmware is updated without anyone noticing, which could go some way to explaining bans at the times of firmware updates. The checks don't have be done on line, but it wouldn't be outside the realms of impossibility for thme to include extra integrity checks with new dash updates.

Combine that with intentional release of games on torrents etc by MS with markers that the dash can pickup and flag for next XBL seesion and it would be very simple for MS to find hacked consoles, and very hard to get around.

that said tho, i guess untill the likes of NXE are hacked, we will have no real idea how it's be done.

8. 209
      weeboo

weeboo Loyal Member

if only c4eva and his fellow hackers were fckn greedy to not share this hacked firmware, im pretty damn sure m$ wouldnt have known anyone is playing a pirated copy online and wouldnot have started banning live accounts. the firmware is publish thats why microsoft are able to implement security in their update to block hacks.

also, im pretty damn sure microsoft didnt totally fix rrod because of users who tamper and flash their dvd ddrive with hacked fw. you flash your dvd-drive with hacked firmware in order to play games for free, but once you get rrod, no free fix from m$ now because you void the warranty... whats next you do......1) buy another 360 to play free games. its kinda smart way of m$ battling piracy, but it has huge drawback for legit users because they have to suffer this hardware problem for enternity. lol 2) pay the repair fee that should have been free.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
    9. 17
      blackn0x

blackn0x Loyal Member

Damn, It's too late for me. My 360 just got banned from live today... =\ Oh well, it probably whould have died soon anyway considering I already have repaired my launch 360 from rrod like 3 times now.
      I've been on live for quite some time with this console playing backups ever since hacked firmwares came out.

Don't think I'll be buying a new 360 anytime soon.

10. 2
      obsex

obsex Loyal Member

i'm pretty shure this firmware flashing for the xbox was started by microsoft themselves at the same time the ps3 was released, considering it is more sophisticated in terms of hardware (7core proc...).Thus the ps3 definetly has a longer life span than the 360 wich will become obsolete soon enough and maybe replaced. This is the whole ideea of buying a 360 now-u can run pirated games on it and even play on live until november:D , I own a banned 360 and now , after a hdd uncripple i can still play it just fine offline. im very shure the ps3 will eventually be cracked as it gets old and other,more powerfull consoles get launched(xbox 720 maybe) so that it is still desirable by the backup fans.
      it's all a marketing skeme that always works!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
    11. 0
      wiggim

wiggim Guest

LT firmware should work with original discs and not ban anyone then, if its truly stealth. Originals shouldn't have any problems like backups right? I Know people with iXtreme1.50 firmware who play online every night and have not been banned yet - you are saying they are spared? NO! the firmwares released were rushed and quickfixes implimented which were unsafe in the actual firmware for the wave rev (SSv2?)

@obsex - MS definatly did not release this. MS make licensing profit of like $15 per title sold (just like PS3), and xbox live is huge.
      The devs who got Xbox backups going without any system mods ported it to the 360 as MS didn't change the chipset or encrypt the firmwares (samsung). You can give MS props for that goof and say they aided the 'pirates' by leaving this door open when it was publically clear R&D for this method of loading was almost complete.
      If MS launched the 360 with the LiteOns on the market today - we would have to pray and hope for more holes to be found in the unit. I don't think we would be able to get the firmwares from the drive, much less rewrite the instruction sets.. Too bad only one hole has ever been found, we need an 8955 exploit.

12. 2
      obsex

obsex Loyal Member

wiggim r u sayn that the new liteon driver is unflashable, i heard this before that the 2010 liteon equipped models are pirate proof, cuz i was considering getting a new 360 and try this lt joke see if it's good for something the 1.6 was just fine ...for a year or so:D