hit tracker

New ban-resistant Xbox 360 firmware 'looking good' according to devs

Discussion in '360 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by Zeus, Nov 23, 2009.

1. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

ahh nothing but good ol internet BS fighting filling a nice thread regarding the new fw.

although i will say c4 does make too many promises, i mean even when he announced this new fw he said no more bans! lol.

i'll believe that when i see it.

but regardless credit to em, without c4 there would be no playing backups how i see it.

period.

2. 14
    Son of Spam

Son of Spam Loyal Member

I haven't hooked up my Xbox 360 to the internet since I modded it to 1.61, so Microsoft hasn't had a chance to flag me for banning at least. I just wonder if I update to this new firmware when it comes out and it really is undetectable if MS can detect that I had a detectable firmware on it before.

3. 2,073
    showstopper

showstopper Loyal Member

I have a few mates in the same situation. I personally think that you are either already flaged or your not. Wait for the new firmware, flash it, and then try and log onto live.

4. 512
    mcmanic

mcmanic Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    COD MW2 that dagger released wasn't splitdvd according to xbgx360

5. 304
    switchg3ar

switchg3ar Loyal Member

Neurosurgeon
    There are lots of ways of determining if you are running a copied game. One way is to use a Gaussian distribution model this can be very accurate. You can transform performance metrics of an original disc and a copied disc using various distribution models, wavelets, z transformation then with further filtering of the data mining process you can get a distribution of copied games.

I have done it with other data sets it's not impossible. You can try and hide it all you want but it's next to impossible to escape this type of analysis.

6. 292
    Sm0k3d 0uT

Sm0k3d 0uT Loyal Member

Hmmm i think i have seen this post word for word on another forum :rolleyes:

7. 220
    Riffy

Riffy Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Shhh they need to turn this into another flame area to yell about something no one is talking about to sound important. I just don't care about the whole thing, 360 just hasn't put out any games since the ban worth playing so I went back to lfd2 on my pc. Anyone tried kai with a 360 yet?

8. 220
    Riffy

Riffy Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Since when could you even mod them, also just asking but can they do import titles that would sway me.

9. 649
    JoMacHo

JoMacHo Loyal Member

Exactly because it can't be modded, you won't get banned for pirated games. You're asking if ps titles are region locked? I have a few imported titles and they run fine, i'm not aware of imported games not booting on the ps3.

10. 304
    switchg3ar

switchg3ar Loyal Member

Neurosurgeon
    ya because I posted it a few days ago. The news on this site keeps repeating itself. Everyone seems to think that checking the firmware is the only way to see if it's been hacked

11. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

I think when the devs find a way to stop the drive reading and showing the disc mid code then it will be a big advance it stopping detection of backups.
    ms have said that one of the ways they detect fakes is by how the disc is manufactured ie pressed not burned so they must be able to detect disc type.

12. 2,073
    showstopper

showstopper Loyal Member

Where is your source for this? No one knows how MS do their checks.

13. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

Several sites reported a taped conversation between a ms support worker and a guy calling to ask about banning, how would you know how ms do their checks?? just because they havn't said how doesnt mean that they dont use this as a option, just try it. even imgburn reports it when you go to "make image from disc" in the info window just scroll down to after the layer break info.

14. 2,073
    showstopper

showstopper Loyal Member

I dont know how MS do their checks and I dont claim to know. All im saying is I never really believe the stories that go: "my mate said" or "my uncles friend works for MS" or "a taped conversation between a ms support worker and a guy calling to ask about banning".

15. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

I agree totally, my point is that the disc mid code is so easy to detect that i would not take a lot of effort to read it, every time you put in a disc into the drive the mid is read straight away and so the console could log it and keep a record in nand and report it back as soon as its connected to live.
    Unless someone finds a way to remove or block the mid code being detected then i think bans will go on regardless of what firmware you have.

16. 2,073
    showstopper

showstopper Loyal Member

True. But what about videos burnt to a DVD and then used? Microsoft even say you are allowed to do this.

17. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

True but if the disc is loading a game then the disc its on is detectable, but like the boot sector on your hard drive the startup code is always there.

18. 357
    snake2

snake2 Loyal Member

Can a ROM drive read MID codes? I thought only burners could read them.

edit: put a burnt game into my BenQ with 0800, no MID is shown

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
  19. 649
    JoMacHo

JoMacHo Loyal Member

A modded firmware could send a valid mid signal, still wouldn't be detected.

20. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

just read in the other thread that some guy who's on 1.61 an didn't get banned.

at this point who knows what combination ms used/detected an banned folks over.

i still think bad rips/playing games early is the #1 cause for banning, an they even accidently banned legit consoles too, so they're method wasn't 100% accurate anyway.

only time will tell how good the new LT will fare, possibly won't know until next november since ms usually only does mass bannings once a year i think.