hit tracker

New to Wii SoftModding - Have 4.3U Questions

Discussion in 'Wii Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by xZeroGx, Aug 25, 2010.

1. 2
    xZeroGx

xZeroGx Loyal Member

I am not new to modding, having chipped several XBOX's and PS2's. I work as a Senior IT Network Engineer.

My question is this - what is the correct way to softmod a 4.3U Wii so that I can play backed up games from an external USB hard drive? My kids are very hard on discs and I would rather them not have to touch them at all.

There seem to be many different opinions on how to do this, but I am looking for a clear, concise understanding of what must be done and what each step entails.

If someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative. I have read many, many different sites, blogs, etc. and watched more videos that were probably necessary, but I have not found a concrete 4.3U solution.

Thanks!

2. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

3. 2
    xZeroGx

xZeroGx Loyal Member

I am aware of the SSBB hack and am in the process of acquiring a copy. I guess my needs are what happens beyond that and more specifically learning how all of this works so I have a good understanding of what I am doing. I know some people just want it done so it works, but I really like to know the "science" if you will of what I am doing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Most of what I know about the wii hacking comes from:
    A good place to look is wiibrew.org. The team behind most of the hacks also have a blog hackmii.org and they also did a couple of presentations at Chaos Conventions.

This is where I got/get most of my Wii related information.