hit tracker

Newbie-Friendly CEX-to-DEX Conversion and Rollback Tutorial

Discussion in 'PS3 Modding Tutorials' started by gDrive, Sep 3, 2012.

1. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

Well i researched for like 2 weeks and used like 3 different guides, compared them and went with the safest route and took advive from all 3 guides that seemed to match.

Basically (off the top of my head):
    QA flag console with toggle qa by rebug its a pkg
    get eid_root_key with eEID_RKDumper.pkg
    dump cex flash from latest multiman, backup cex flash at least a few times on different drives
    use cex2dex gui to use eid root key to patch cex flash to dex
    apply dex flash via multiman
    install 3.55 dex firmware
    install 4.21 dex firmware

(thats basically all i did havent went back to cex yet dont plan on it yet)

2. 66
    thien

thien Loyal Member

hi all

Double-Click (tap) on the DEX TargetID-modified dump renamed to have ".EID0.NORBIN" or ".EID0.NANDBIN" what does TargetID mean ? i have CECHA12 NAND

3. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

DEX targetid modified dump is the one you should of made in cex2dex.exe when you load your cex flash dump then eid_root_key to "patch" cex dump to dex. target id is console specific info about your cex to make it dex; like region etc. US, UK etc eEID_RKDumper.pkg is what gets this info from your console.

4. 66
    thien

thien Loyal Member

Thanks.

i read another guide said that just save as my flash dump after patch by CEX2DEX.exe to 355DEX.EID0.NANDBIN is it right ?

My PS3 is CECHA12, NAND, HONG KONG version. PLease help

5. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Yes CECHA12 is NAND flash, so save as my-DEX-flash.EID0.NANDBIN, EIDO.NANDBIN is the important part and that you remember its the DEX flash not CEX flash.

Anyway i used name my-DEX-flash.EID0.NORBIN in multiman and it worked BUT you use NANDBIN

EDIT: Since your on NAND make sure to QA toggle your console FIRST, then use dex355 firmware first when you're in DEX. If you ever want to go back to CEX use rogero firmware

6. 66
    thien

thien Loyal Member

OK. thanks. this guide here is not much clearly so i'm worry about if i convert to DEX then revert back to CEX. i run QA flag already but every times reboot ps3 the debug setting disappear. i have to press combo key it show again. is it ok? now i'm using Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW v3.6 and dump my flash with newest MM but 3 times flash dump's MD5 differrent .why ?

7. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Well I dumped my flash on Kmeaw 3.55 my try that firmware instead. My 3 (backup) CEX dumps have same checksum.

8. 66
    thien

thien Loyal Member

hi all pro

This guide you have to install CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP. i wonder if i install this PUP all game data,PSN game,... will be erase or not ? Because CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL will reserve 20G for OtherOS ,is it right and so internal HDD will be format ? So i have to dump my flash in Kmeaw 3.55 or OFW 3.55

9. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Otheros is not needed anymore thats what eEID_RKDumper.pkg is for. cant dump in OFW cause you cant use multiman, install eEID_RKDumper.pkg etc use Kmeaw

10. 3
    joojoo88

joojoo88 Loyal Member

Thanks for the explenation, this indeed clears things up a bit.

11. 117
    realth

realth Loyal Member

been looking for something that explains in full, cheers