hit tracker

Newly banned 360's can not even install games to HDD and more

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 8, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    New reports indicate that the fresh wave of MS bans on modified consoles has resulted in systems not only being banned from LIVE but also - removing the ability to install games to the HDD, forbidding the use of Windows Media Centre extender and not allowing the retrieval of achievements from backups without corrupting profiles!

<blockquote>So, in summary:
    Your Banned 360:
    * Cannot go on Xbox Live
    * Cannot install games to the HDD
    * Cannot use Windows Media Centre extender
    * Cannot be used to get achievements from backups without corrupting your profile</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkVZyEFyFpeyBGdGIN.php" target="_blank">X-S</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 8, 2009.

1. 0
      Rage-X

Rage-X Guest

Seems like Microsoft likes to show people how much of a **** they are. "Yeah yknow what well not just ban them to get online but lets **** up their HDD, Microsoft and what not."

2. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

who cares about installing games to hdd?

3. 19
      maxpowerr

maxpowerr Loyal Member

people that dont like hearing the noise of a lawnmower?

4. 358
      mallinersha

mallinersha Loyal Member

+1000

5. 99
      Kaomaru

Kaomaru Loyal Member

A friend bought and played forza 3 on october 22nd, release date in europe was 23rd, his xbox was banned, it was a whole new one, unflashed system. Customer service didn't admit the ban for one week than told him it was beacause he played a game before the release date, achievements proving it... :eek:

As mentionned, profile corrupted, no use of hdd nor media player

6. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

get a good x3 headset and they wont have to hear anything but the game...

Blocks out all noice and is great... or if your jamming them your probably playing loud enough you cant hear it anyways.
      people went years without hdd installs.. people will live...

free games vs sound of a disk spinning... hummmmmmmmm... what will people choose???

7. 209
      xergal

xergal Loyal Member

Sorry to say it but people who modify their consoles are doing so knowing the risks, so...unlucky;)

8. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      the people who were banned were banned because they illegally played copied on xbox live. m$ didnt **** up the hard drive, they made it so you cant use that drive on another console without reformatting it.
      because the console is modified, it allows people to hack the games to get achievements they didnt earn.

the fact that this has gone on for the past 3 years should show to you m$ was being nice. its just now they lay on a heavy ban hammer and of course idiots like yourself are whining about it.

9. 25
      solid_cake

solid_cake Loyal Member

So if I get a console band. Then play say forza 3 and get a few achievements. Then put my hard drive on my unflashed 360. The achievements won't add or my 360 profile will screw up and can't play online again?

10. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

you go buy forza 3 play on a unflashed console and you can get all the achievements you want. with the same hdd.

But if your playing a backup on a banned console... then nope...

11. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Basically they are now tying profiles to the banned machines so that profile cant be ported over to another unbanned machine. Pretty smart actually, since most pirates I know care more about their precious achievements than the actual console itself. So now its basically get banned....start over.

12. 237
      d33znutzEP

d33znutzEP Loyal Member

And it greatly reduces the chances of the failbox actually failing.... or scratching those games that you spent 60 dollars on.

13. 3,748
      MadonnaProject

MadonnaProject Loyal Member

Hte to sound like a fanboy, but at this point the killer of xbox360 will not be sony, it will not be the wii, and it will not be back of good games nor horse power. It will be the hatered people seem to have for this company and its system.

What's strange is people who have been banned on the 360 are moving to the ps3, instead of getting another 360 and buying legits. The question is, they are ok with paying for the ps3 and legit games, when not ok with doing the same on the xbox360.

This shows how badly MS has fallen in public view. Also the fact that ps3 online is free and live isn't must have a lot to do with it also. Then again the more people move to PSN the quicker it becomes a pay service. (another sony promise lost).

14. 93
      Stonington

Stonington Loyal Member

So if I take my hdd off my unmodded 360, go over to a friends house and stick it on his modified console, play a game pre-retail, get achievments, go home and stick that same hdd on my unmodded console will they ban me?

15. 192
      Aythamie

Aythamie Loyal Member

Student
      Live free, buy a Playstation 3!

16. 776
      poisonousjuice

poisonousjuice Loyal Member

you can still move your profile over.

17. 96
      mozza

mozza Loyal Member

last year

i had this last year i cannot stream nothing to my banned xbox because my pc don't even see it on the network i think they sent something to the network adapter but still like i always say it is the risk we take.I flashed mine two weeks b4 i got banned

18. 644
      soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

I got banned this past week but the only game I played early was halo odst(scene release for usa region). I guess there is a long process before they ban you. I expected the ban to come, but much sooner.

I was considering buying the gold live service ( or what ever they call it) for Christmas. MS just rejected the only possible revenue they could have gotten from me because I am not buying another xbox. If I ever want to do online gaming i'm gonna buy a ps3 f**k MS. this **** is gonna comeback to haunt them cause its not like they were doing any worse than sony, they are just being greedy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
    19. 3,798
      iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
      i guess thats why the people who got banned all went out and bought more 360s at walmart and amazon with the $100 giftcard.

ndp numbers will show the 360 killed the ps3 this month and its all cuz the bans.