hit tracker

Next-gen Playstation and Xbox to release for $400

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jan 14, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Jan 14, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  1. 25,237
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Coming on October-November

Analysts are making their predictions about the next-gen and the latest one include both price and release point

[​IMG]

As we entered 2013 almost 2 weeks ago, the rumor windmill on next-gen consoles it's increasing is speed. After the CES 2013, Baird Equity Research has revealed interesting speculations on the release of Sony's and Microsoft's next-gen consoles (PS4 and Xbox 720). They suggest that both of them will be on the $400 price range and to be released in October-November this year. Furthermore they add that the use of "common" PC parts will be dominant this time and that the console could be unveiled to public before the E3 2013.

This is what Baird's Colin Sebastian commented on the research in a note to investors:

You have full coverage in the link below.

NEWS SOURCE: USD400 price point for next Playstation Xbox consoles (via) GamesIndustry

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jan 14, 2013.

1. 395
      CookieMonster

CookieMonster Loyal Member

400$ is not so "bad" for the wallet (that´s an expected price tag, seeing wii-u and the latest consoles releases)... i wonder what will be the most "exploitable" one... i guess Sony and Microsoft have learned a lot from this last year(s) leaks and hacks... but, who knows?!

Bring them :)

2. 102
      somenutter

somenutter Loyal Member

Thanks for the heads up , But i think they are talking out of there arse , Maybe $400 In America , But in the UK , We all know that they will be a lot more time they get here , Also off the shelf parts ? I don't see that happening.

3. 20
      EiKi

EiKi Loyal Member

Welder @ ABB AB
      hehe yea same here in sweden, i mean not even ps3 is 400$ here yet, i would guess closer to ~500$ atleast around here :) might be worth importing, there is only one firm thats allowed to import and distrubate consoles here, and that is what brings up the price :p

400$ would be a great price tho, yay

4. 62
      medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

Just think about it:

1) How much easier it would be to develop a game that runs on PC & PS4 & Xbox
      2) There goes SteamBox, with same APU but without discrete graphic card (yet?), nearly the same config, plus controllers
      3) Suddenly "PS4"/"Xbox" emulators on PC become much more realistic

Well, the bad part is, gg Nintendo.

5. 17
      Grey_Wolf

Grey_Wolf Loyal Member

If they go with off the shelf components, both systems will be outdated in less than a year. Third party titles will be better and cheaper ( and in some cases free -if you know what i mean-) on pc. Core gamers will lose interest on consoles and no core gamers equals big financial loss. It's not logical but you never know.

6. 93
      ultragoregrind

ultragoregrind Loyal Member

Mean Asshole
      Back to "off the shelf parts", eh? Is MS really that desperate to re-live the original Xbox?

No matter, i am already bored with the next gen and both big platforms having pretty much the same hardware. SteamBox here I come...

7. 833
      master737373

master737373 Press Buttons :D Loyal Member

None
      If they're anything like Apple, it will be $400 and €400.

8. 571
      themuse

themuse Loyal Member

i agree that combined with this "along with hybrid physical/digital distribution models" could be the death nail for console gaming ,$ony and M$ should never have got involved with the industry in the 1st place ,they were not gaming companies ,just monopoly makers of shit pc software and crappy low end consumer electronics and part of the monopolistic tribe who controls hollywood,the content industry and media cabal ,

9. 1
      kls70

kls70 Loyal Member

What are you talking about? If Sony hadn't entered in we wouldn't have had the ps2 and ps1. Those were the biggest selling consoles in history and believe it or not alot of good games are on those platforms. And people have said the same thing about this generation of consoles and guess what? The console gaming scene is still thriving.

10. 1,327
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

If it's really true that M$ is going the intel chip route, this thing will be hacked quicker than the vWii on the WiiU......

11. 571
      themuse

themuse Loyal Member

we didnt need that many platforms ,someone else would have filled the void ,other thhan someone with a media monopoly and crappy ces business or crappy software monopoly ,dreamcast was a good console ,the true videogame companies could have done a better job i think

12. 891
      Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
      Then we didn't need Nintendo, nor do we need MS, I mean we have PC right? The Atari was also good.

If we never had some of the consoles we have today, we may not have had some of the great game franchises we have today.

13. 102
      somenutter

somenutter Loyal Member

I just hope they are wrong , Because if its true , Its going to be the end of consoles for sure , Ohh by the way , Is there any chance we could get some more adverts on the site ? I can almost see what I'm doing without having one in my face , And thats not good , Also the site loads well to fast because of the lack of them

14. 25,237
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      There is category called 'Number Cruncher' that if you become a member of there is no ADS display at all forever, sadly only two people have ever donated to become a member, so we are forced to use some ads to cover the monthly cost which is at times not even enough, so the rest comes out of my pocket to keep crunch ticking along.

15. 65
      jawgee

jawgee Loyal Member

I think that's why Sony went with the proprietary Cell technology with the PS3, but I wonder if they and M$ are now feeling comfortable with pushing DRM through the cloud to be going with commodity hardware instead.

16. 102
      somenutter

somenutter Loyal Member

Ok fair enough