hit tracker

Next-Gen RUMORS: 'Orbis', 'Durango', Wii U upcoming software, and third parties!

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 5, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Dec 5, 2012 at 3:07 PM
  1. 25,340
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Take these with a grain of salt.

[​IMG]

Take a look at this huge list of rumors from Dual Pixels, covering the next-gen PlayStation and XBOX consoles, some of Nintendo's plans for the upcoming E3 and more!

Dual Pixels has posted a huge list of RUMORS, covering First Party Hardware and Third Party Software for Next-Gen, including Sony's "Orbis", Microsoft's "Durango", Nintendo's plans for Wii U on E3 2013, Square-Enix, Namco-Bandai, EA, Activision, and more...

Apparently, this site also uncovered the Kingdom Hearts HD collection, way before it was officially announced, but of course, you still should take all these with a grain of salt!!

So, here is it:

- Nintendo:

- Sony:

- Microsoft:

- Third-Parties:

Again, these are just RUMORS, but a lot of them sound very interesting, don't you think? Anyway, it looks like things are about to get very exciting next year!!

NEWS SOURCE: Rumor behind the scenes with first party hardware and third-party software next-gen (via) DualPixels

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 5, 2012.

1. 720
      Ahmed_p800

Ahmed_p800 Loyal Member

Communication Engineer @Nokia MEA
      Man, very interesting...
      I'll start collecting money from now, I want ALL next-gen consoles!
      Even though I know I won't be playing them alot, not enough "ME" time nowadays :(

2. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      me too, but sony convinced me not to buy theirs anymore.

3. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Sony is a skip, and new "360"... maybe.

Wii U.. Already have it. ;)

4. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

With all the information that's floating around now, you could probably make your ps3 run windows if you were determined enough. I had heard they fully unlocked the entire console.

5. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

If your running Linux either from an old firmware or a new one that has been hacked, you can run windows in a VM. Although it is insanely slow.

Better to just run Linux alone since the PS3 is already pretty starved for RAM as it is.

6. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      "Nintendo has also been shopping around for third party developers where instead of buying them outright, either funds projects or their marketing/localization to make them exclusive or feature packed for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS. Expect more projects like Bayonetta 2 to be announced next year including a partnership that will cause huge shocks when it’s announced even worse than Bayonetta 2."

Bayonetta 2 really pissed off people, and i wonder what the bigger shock will be.It looks like Wii U will get same 3rd party support as the new Xbox and Omni.
      Even EA is on board now with Battlefield 4 and others.

Nintendo is game wise striking like 100 times harder now than with Wii. Wii U is easy to develop for, which makes the cost to make AAA games cheaper. Devs already figured out Wii U before its launch, while games like Black Ops 2 on PS3 is "****" compared to 360 and Wii U versions.

As for the Omni...The specs partially sounds like bullshit. It will most likely not run video at 8K.
      Secondly, it have support for TV's which is probably very expensive and will be only be a gimmick.

I bet my socks on that the Omni will be degraded before launch, but still sold at 500$.

Projected picture on wall is nice, but then you need a "customized" white room in the house with nothing in front of the walls. Most people wont be able to utilize Kinect 2.

MS and Sony is really going for the tech, but several of the "WOW" features will be a gimmick for obvious reasons.

7. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I agree about Nintendo hitting the 3rd parties pretty hard this time. As long as they can balance out the needs of the 3rd parties and still get in some 1st party gems, I think most people will be happy with that.

I don't care if everyone else loves Call of Duty 27, they can have it and enjoy it.... but if that means I have to suffer with out a great F-Zero or Star Fox or any other of a dozen cool Nintendo games, mark my words I will complain.

All in all so far I have to say I like the Wii-U and am looking forward to some great games on it :)

8. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      http://www.retrojunkies.karoo.net
      is it me or do we allways hear nintendo aiming to get 3rd party support, yet on each system find it lacking.

let me take a very good guess, nintendo are going to goto these 3rd party devs with its iFAD, over hype it, and the devs will think its great, but give a year or two, theyll find well to be honest its limited to what we can do, ohh well lets just slap basic games out.

exactly the same with the wii, nintendo over hyped the wiimote, and day one of playing it, i found the controlls that they claimed was BS, the only difference the iFAD brings is DS controlls on a console.

nintendo has allways been more aimed for kids, this will never change, this is why we never see 3rd party support that MS/SONY get.

the wii u is great if you dont mind getting rap3d for buying another last gen system, with a tiny storage drive (compared to current gens) and an ifad controller, to play games that are either wii games in 720 or last gen ports.

9. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      it's you (and fanboys like you), like it or not, the wii had more 3rd party exclusives than both of its competitors (almost combined)

strange there it was sat on the shelf with a 12gb ps3 and a 4gb xbox yet on those two one needs a special caddy and limits the size and type of hdd you can use and the other uses special customized hdd's, now, how is it getting raped to be able to use ANY usb hdd or memory stick?