hit tracker

Nintendo Details a Massive Lineup of Games Coming to Switch and 3DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 14, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Sep 14, 2017 at 12:08 AM
  1. 25,222
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Dozens of new First- and Third-Party Games Highlighted in Nintendo Direct Video
    [​IMG]

New information about Mario’s upcoming adventure, Super Mario Odyssey, was revealed during the presentation, including more story details, locations and modes.
    Additional highlights for the games and systems revealed in the video above include:
    Remember that Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/switch/ or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

*Nintendo Account required. Online services and features, including online gameplay, are free until the paid Nintendo Switch Online Service launches in 2018.
    **Additional accessories are required for multiplayer mode and are sold separately.
    ***Additional games and systems are required for multiplayer mode and are sold separately.
    ****Visit Pokemon.com for full details on how to receive the in-game special gift.

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 14, 2017.

1. 363
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

so more of the same, apps, basic games and old ports of titles nintendo missed out on.

nothing new that the other systems are getting or have had this gen.

maybe next time ehh

2. 25,222
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @DW360 but hey Switch has DOOM

3. 893
      wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

Yaaaaaaawn..........wake me back up when there's something exciting to tell.

4. 25,222
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      It is exciting for Nintendo and their fans, where is your fanboy spirit, did it get stolen by a pony?

5. 363
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

Its exciting to nintendo fanboys who always slate the other systems and claim nintendo get the best games.

then there is hmmm here is one..... an old game that the consoles nintendo fanboys hate so much, had years ago.

and to be honest the game was rather shit, so its nothing to brag about.

but hey, if nintendo were to start getting the same third party titles at the same time the other systems get, then i might be able to dust my switch off thats been sat in its box since putting it away after three weeks of playing it.

6. 561
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

It's not all bad. A lot of ports and rereleases. Some of it I actually plan on getting, like the Professor Layton spin off and Apollo Justice Rerelease. But it must be tough being a nintendo fanboy, stuck between hiding their envy over the other platforms and the not sounding like Nintendo needs other developers. It wasn't that long ago that Nintendo fanboys were acting like DOOM was all graphics and no gameplay and that the Switch would do better without those kind of games, but then these people are now praising that the switch gets DOOM. And hell, now that Okami is getting remastered for pretty much every platform other than the Switch people are saying "No switch port, no buy" as if that will change anything. I still remember when Nintendo fanboys used to dislike Okami and called it a shameless Zelda rip off. But after the wii port, they finally accepted it, perhaps appropriated it is more accurate actually. Because they act like Capcom owes them.

7. 363
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

I couldn't put that better myself, this says how Nintendo fanboys are down to the T.

I laugh when theyre like..... why would we want xxx when its released on the other two systems.

Nintendo dont need them, they have the best games......

And theyre like this now when it gets OLD games..... erm would be better to have had the choice to buy said game when it was new.

When I buy games I always think when it comes to which system, which one hasnt had anything new to play...... then i buy it for that system.

When it comes to nintendo you dont have that option so what happens to a console when it has no games to play while the other systems are getting the games you play...... it ends up being another VERY EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT.

Some of these games that Nintendo and its fanboys are getting excited over, I already own on my PS3/360 and/or have on my PS4, so why would i want to pay full price for an inferior port just to play portable..... which isnt really portable if its using the JoyCons as a featured control.

You cant exactly sit your switch screen on your lap and detach the JoyCons on the bus, and even if your at a desk, the screen is that tiny you can barely make out whats on the screen to actually enjoy playing properly.

In all honesty nintendo cutting costs and trying to ensure better sales by combining the two markets into one, does not work, the console has issues playing docked, and its gimmick controls do not work well if playing portable.

It being a home console is poor because again it lacks the hardware the other systems have, thus restrict third party support and hence the ports of old games.

However if it was released just as a portable console then it would have been great, because there is nothing else on the market like this as a portable console..... there is the Morphus X300 which nintendo clearly stole the full concept of, but this is a tablet.... which offers similar indy games or games off the app store for free, that nintendo offer similar but charge for.

8. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      The major keywords. "Portable versions" You can't play any of these on the run with PS4 and Xbone.

Did everyone miss that Wolfenstein 2 is a day 1 release on Switch?
      Its a bigger deal than Doom.

NBA 2K18, LA Noire HD and WWE 18 is also day 1 releases.

2K Games and Bethesda is on board on Switch.
      UBI too, but not with biggest flagship games.

All AAA third party games is announced as "Play Anywhere" games.
      Its the first time these games is on a handheld.

I'm sure 2K Games is already working on a GTA 5 port, so people can play it on the run.
      GTA 5 is still a major seller in a few countries.

...I don't own Switch yet as i'm playing backlog on PS4 and Xbox One.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    9. 561
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

Most gamers don't care much about portability. It's a nice bonus, but isn't really as big of a selling point as most would have you believe, generally people would rather have a platform that plays all of their current gen games, than one that only plays a few of them at a worse performance, with all of the trappings that come with "low internal storage + uses expensive physical format". WIth games such as NBA 2k18 taking up 16GB for the update and 5GB per save file (and note that since saves can't be put on the sd card they have to take up space on the 32GB internal space that is actually more like 26GB after the innacuracies of space reporting and the OS are considered, generally most are going to want to reserve their limited space for the games that truly warrant paying extra for (and I'll stress this in a second), but in general people will pretty much just go for the games that are smaller or more exclusive since they can't get those on the other platforms.

But the one thing really holding back the Switch is the Nintendo tax. Say you want a game and it's on multiple platfforms, chances are you will find it cheaper on the other platforms, especially years down the line when they get cheaper but on Nintendo's platform remain mainly the same price as at launch. Most gamers who already own at least one of the other platforms aren't really likely to buy the game twice, especially at a higher price than they originally did. So essentially this is more for the people that don't already buy other consoles. The problem with that is that every generation third party devs try to tap into the market that mainly buys Nintendo consoles and every gen they have to be reminded that most Nintendo gamers don't buy third party games. So the high price and lower visuals and performance put off a lot of gamers and the third party factor has consistently been a problem for the past few gens.