hit tracker

Nintendo is ruining Super Mario Run with its Online Requirement

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming World' started by GaryOPA, Dec 9, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Dec 9, 2016 at 5:05 PM
  1. 25,174
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Nintendo. No. Stop.

Internet is in Rage mode after finding out that the new Exclusive iOS game from Nintendo called 'Super Mario Run' needs your iPhone or iPad to be always connected the Internet to be able to play, leaving you with Mario-less action in subways or other places.

[​IMG]

It turns out big 'N' has decided that their very first Mario game on a mobile device should work only if you have always-on-internet, once you have lost your signal, you have lost your ability to smash mushrooms or collect coins, or get Mario to jump over boxes. :)

Above is the list of reasons that Nintendo claims is why their new Mario is not as portable and mobile as it should be, but personally I think the reason is they want to control the game and to stop possible piracy of their $9.99 iOS app, so what better way then to monitor all the iPhones that are running it to make sure their 'gaming device' is legit and purchased one! :)

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo is ruining Super Mario Run with its Online Requirement (via) PolyGon

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming World' started by GaryOPA, Dec 9, 2016.

1. 814
      dwrecording

dwrecording Loyal Member

How stupid can these people be? They have tested this time and time again. It just kills sales.

2. 893
      wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

Don't buy the game. They need to realize that if you're gonna sell a mobile game, it should be 100% mobile. Requiring that the game that you paid for to always be on internet is just wrong. Do not support it

3. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

It makes even less sense when you remember it's on iOS, a platform which natively prevents sideloading like on Android making pirating more difficult.

Makes me wonder if they'll carry this BS over to the Switch?

4. 1,808
      Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

Not that, I even care anymore, but why are these Companies always ignoring the larger market that is Android?

5. 25,174
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      Piracy on android is the biggest reason. Second biggest reason is there so many millions of android phones still on older version like 2.3 gingerbread series of the 4.4 kitkat series, most games now need at least android 5.x or higher for the nfc and gyro support and controller api's.

Most android developers have given up supporting all the phones out there and now staying with a min. of 4.4 kitkat, and others are inforcing a min. of 2gigs of ram like pokemon go did, so that cuts down the market even more.

At least when it comes to ios, when you produce an app it basically runs on all the phones out there, and apple when they push out an update normally it gets installed by 90% of the userbase, unlike Android which is up to the hardware maker, and most don't push out updates, even android 6.0 only at less then 4% of phones out there and android 7 at less then 1%.

6. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I will never buy an f'ing I-Phone, or I-Anything for that matter.

Ichijoe likes this.