hit tracker

Nintendo Names Tatsumi Kimishima as CEO

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 14, 2015.

By GaryOPA on Sep 14, 2015 at 4:47 AM
  1. 25,225
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Veteran operations executive to replace Satoru Iwata, who died of cancer in July

Super Mario celebrates his 30th birthday in Tokyo. On Monday, Nintendo said Tatsumi Kimishima would become chief executive, replacing Satoru Iwata, who died of cancer in July

[​IMG]

Mario was very lonely and happy at the same time, when his Super Mario Bros. turned big 3-0 finally, but it was not too much party in the old Mario, as he was still crying over the lost of his best friend Mr. Iwata, and Nintendo decided also to use the 30th b-day, as the right time to announce whom they decided was the right person to try to fill Mr. Iwata big shoes as Nintendo's CEO.

Personally, I rather had Mario himself appointed as CEO as he would really know what 'gamers' what to see and buy, but sadly we have ''banker' as the new CEO, that means in my eyes, we going to see alot of focus on printing money at Nintendo instead of fun games.

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo Names Tatsumi Kimishima as CEO (via) WSJ

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 14, 2015.

1. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Don't underestimate bankers.

In a technological job i had earlier which had red numbers, it turned to green for years into future because a banker became the new CEO. This guy were ex-Nintendo boss in USA, so he knows Nintendo.

Only time will tell if its good or not. Background doesen't matter much with the right person.

2. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I don't know, I am skeptical, I guess we'll see. Hopefully he can shake things up with some much needed console progression. Nintendo has to compete, everyone is wise to the gimmicks with old school tech. The NX should be more powerful than the PS4, and XB1, either that or it needs to be something radically different that once again appeals to the masses.

3. 949
      Signa

Signa Loyal Member

First and foremost, I really hope he pulls their heads out of their collective asses when it comes to their games on Youtube. It's getting really hard to dismiss their heavy hands in that matter.