hit tracker

Nintendo not holding E3 press conference in 2017

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 28, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Apr 28, 2017 at 11:31 AM
  1. 25,396
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Business as usual

Once again, Nintendo will not hold a traditional press briefing onstage during E3, the company announced today.
    [​IMG]
    On one side, Nintendo claims they have learned from their failures, but on the other side they are doing the same again crap, for the first time the big E3 Gaming Convention is open to the public with people lined up by thousands buying tickets for $200 each and they get with that nice front row seats at the big press conferences and will be able to see first hand what Sony and Microsoft have planned, but again if you an Nintendo fan you better run back home to your mom's basement, grab some chips and try to watch a Japanese-voiced-over Nintendo Direct video that is boring as hell, but this is Nintendo so I guess we going to have to get used to it from now on during E3.
    So there you have it there will be no big E3 press conference and their N2DS will be focus for handhelds from now on, forgot Switch.

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo not holding E3 press conference in 2017 (via) PolyGon

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 28, 2017.

1. 1
      Toadsanime

Toadsanime Loyal Member

I signed up just to tell you how much nonsense you're spewing here.

E3 public ticket holders DO NOT have access to the press conferences.

Nintendo will still be at E3 on the show floor, as they are every year, with playable titles for all E3 attendees.

The Nintendo 2DS XL model will target the mass market (mostly children, in this case), as did the original 2DS model. It is not Nintendo's priority and they are still focusing on the Switch.

What is it that the public are supposedly missing out on here?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    2. 25,396
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      @Toadsanime - I am sorry, I guess my memory is faulty, I was sure back in Feb. when it was announced that E3 was being opened to the public, that the 15,000 tickets being sold also included access to the press conferences.

As for Nintendo releasing the New 2DSXL it is mistake, they need to focus on getting more support for Switch, and to push its portable system, otherwise 3rd parties will just keep on doing ports for the 3DS system and there was no point as Switch is only a bit more powerful than Wii U, they could have just released a better Wii U with fully backwards compatibility if they were not going to promote its handheld side and usage of cartridges.

They need to be focused on one area, and not keep going back and forth between two different systems, it just splits sales and games.

3. 48
      Soluble

Soluble Loyal Member

I think the Switch can fill both shoes. I've probably spent just as much time playing in handheld mode as docked mode and I expected to pretty much just play docked. However I never would have purchased a handheld.