hit tracker

Nintendo President Promises Smooth NX Launch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Aug 28, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Aug 28, 2016 at 9:02 PM
  1. 25,128
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    'We need to do better job' explaining NX plus 'We have learned from our Wii U mistakes'!

Owing to mistakes the company made with the NX’s predecessor, the Wii U, the president of Nintendo America, Reggie Fils-Aime , admitted that Nintendo has learned from its mistakes and promises a smoother launch for the NX in a recent interview with AList.

[​IMG]

So Reggie, the famous President of Nintendo America, claims they have learned from their Wii U mistakes, and this time around will be marketing the NX better towards it customers, and will have a solid software line-up ready for the big March 2017 launch of Focus.

So what do you think, will the promises be fulfilled or will Nintendo fall flat on their face again when it comes to explaining to gamers what their whole new gaming idea is when it comes to the power of the NX system, so far in my eyes they are not doing so well, some analysts even think the big NX/Focus unveiling which is rumored to be in middle of September, after the big Sony event, will be nothing but another silly Nintendo Direct video, with no press or other stage show showing, but maybe they will be able to at least bring back the power with some good old-school retro commercials like this one:

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo President Promises Smooth NX Launch (via) Valuewalk

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Aug 28, 2016.

1. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

3rd party support Nintendo. People are tired of having to shell out for multiple systems.

billysastard likes this.
    2. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com

the problem is you can't get greedy publishers to release their broken, incomplete crap on a platform where gamers will compare it to nintendo quality.

WoIverine likes this.
    3. 25,128
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Plus Nintendo themselves still has a very tight Q&A dept. they will look at the game and not approve it for released.

Remember the days back in N64 with their Seal of Approval on the cartridge box, that started because for a while in NES/SNES there was some crap games, so Nintendo wanted to make sure gamers knew the game was 'worth it', one of the downfalls of Atari because it was packed with crapware, not even worth the plastic case.

billysastard likes this.
    4. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I thought they struggled with third parties because Nintendo released underpowered or in some way flawed systems (not even just the hardware, their online systems still have deep flaws) combined with the perception that third party games don't sell well?

billysastard likes this.
    5. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:
      underpowered never stopped them before, ea games came out on the c64 and even wii and still for the 3ds, as for online, yes its a bit simplistic but it actually works something the others charge you for and often fail to deliver and they do get some stuff right like any downloads being prepatched with the latest updates again something the others fail on.

you are right about 3rd party games not selling well esp multi platform titles again that's not nintendo's fault, if the other publishers bothered with QA they might sell better

6. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

The reason why I think power can be an issue is that it could make porting more difficult/impossible without extensive modification, which means higher costs and if they don't think they'll make much money anyway they may be less likely to want to port it.

The 3DS and C64 by comparison are/were in better positions, although EA did get 'lazy' with their 'legacy edition' of FIFA (basically an expensive roster update AFAIK).

IIRC, I've also heard negative things about Nintendo's online from devs in the past where they seemed to not be aware of the competition which again can affect development, although this may have improved since.

Plus consumers may not like it being as simplistic as it is, albeit functional within it's limitations.

edit:
      I know one dev complained about a Wii U game not selling....after releasing later than the others.

That said, I reckon it's a combination of factors at the end of the day, if both Nintendo and third parties fixed these issues I reckon it would be more attractive to consumers as a primary platform.

7. 1,439
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
      Stepping aside from the gimmicky nature of Nintendo lately, if they don't have a strong launch lineup of titles their fans like, this system will fall on it's face. They can have Zelda all they want, but without say a Metroid title and a handful of others like Mario and DK, there will be little to no interest.

I won't be touching this thing with a 10 foot pole unless I'm hugely surprised, I'm tired of gimmick controllers. There is no need to be innovating the input device, innovate what the machine itself DOES.

8. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:
      surely you only need look at the gamecube to see it's nothing to do with power, the gc easily outpowered the ps2 and was an equal to the xbox, none had any other advantage other than simple sales in the case of ps2 yet gc lost out on many AAA games to both xbox and ps2

9. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

So then why did the Wii not have as many AAA games released despite being one of the better selling consoles?

As I said, "can", obviously there are multiple factors that can come into play when it comes to the market.

I reckon that if a publisher thinks that can release games on a Nintendo platform for relatively little money, even if they think it wont sell as well but still make a profit, they will.

On a side note: I have heard there were issues in regards to the mini-DVDs used due to its more limited capacity.

10. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:
      tbh by the time the wii came out nintendo had already lost pretty much all 3rd party AAA development although its huge sales did mean that companies did feel obliged to support it, sadly mostly with shovelware, the reason it had more exclusives than the other two combined.

yes there is an arguement to be made about limited storage on the gcn but discs are dirt cheap so hardly a huge cost to use 2 discs

11. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

You'd be surprised how cheap a company may want to be, even to their detriment and as I said, I'm going by what I've read over the years.

Overall/in summary, I still think the only way Nintendo will get third parties back is back making the process as quick/cheap as possible for devs/publishers and these need to be attractive to consumers so they'll buy them.

12. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:
      well if the home / handheld bit is true then their handheld division has managed to keep decent 3rd party support so that could help as long as it has some power, and of course patching up a severely butthurt ea for refusng to let ea (ab)use origin to control nintendos online service if that is possible.

13. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

That might be the one thing that could save the NX in terms of power issues, it may not be the most powerful HOME console but it could be the BEST PORTABLE console which just happens to easily be a home console.

One thing that does annoy me with 'mobile gaming killing consoles' debate is that most of the mobile games I've seen are **** in comparison to actual console games, even Wii and Wii U games with annoying gimmicky control schemes are still better games.

billysastard likes this.
    14. 13,435
      billysastard

Home Page:
      well if rumours are true then its going to be the most powerful dedicated handheld console ever, a mantle the vita could have held were not for sony multiple momentous f**k up's with lack of support and insane pricing and lack of gps on the cheaper model (resulting in almost zero use) and serious gimping of its 3g service.

15. 25,128
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Just posted the latest round-up of final retail specs:

http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/what-should-we-expect-from-the-final-nx-product.42142/

billysastard likes this.