hit tracker

Nintendo Switch Is Setting Sales Records Every Day

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Mar 27, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Mar 27, 2017 at 10:20 PM
  1. 25,271
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Reggie: We’ve Turned the Industry on Its Ear

Nintendo of America’s President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime recently appeared on Fox News to talk about the Nintendo Switch launch.
    [​IMG]
    Nintendo seems to think they have invented the Toaster and Slice Bread again for the video gaming industry, but will it turn out like that, will we be seeing in 4 years or less, Nintendo at #1 position in the sales charts, and Sony and Microsoft trying to bring up the rear.
    So what do you think is the Switch will turn to be just as famous as Slice Bread and the Toaster, it will it go stale and be unused like the original Wii console ended up as even tho millions got sold, most never got turned on after a while?

NEWS SOURCE: Nintendo Switch Is Setting Sales Records Every Day (via) WccfTech

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Mar 27, 2017.

1. 364
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

but its still nothing compared to its rivals.

yes nintendo lets brag how well your hyrbid console is doing compared to your last failure.... but lets not at the same time include your portable market sales which this console combines.

this is what i hate about nintendo, they dont give a shit about consoles/games any more, all they care about is releasing cheap shit and adding bullshit gimmicks then sit there bragging how well its selling.

then the console itself due to been a cheap shit, wont get the third party support nintendont keep promising and just ends up having the same old nintendo titles and the rest been either last gen ports or shovelware apps aimed towards kids.

2. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

If successful, Nintendo will probably never compete with MS and Sony with a console of equal, or greater power, that and unending gimmicks for the rest of time.

A return to the SNES (dominant console in terms of quality and horsepower) way of things probably won't happen.

3. 364
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

i don't get how they can even consider to be innovative when its already been done by someone else,
      old hardware over hyped when its importance should be getting games, not telling everyone that gaming is apparently only fun using these new gimmicks.

4. 364
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

also we have the problem of its cart based format, anything thats going to be a big title will be costly, take zelda 8GB costing nearly £60 for a launch game.

i have no idea why the fuck nintendo are charging the same for the wii u version, but hey ho.

one thing ive notice what i dont like apart from the other problems with the switch is, the switch was fully charged before i left for work, 3 hours later (turned off completely) the console had lost 23% battery life...... wtf.

now i know one of the main battery drain is having the joycons connected, because it charges them, but surely they should have charged with the console and shouldnt be draining power while turned off.

5. 984
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

I'm still waiting to see what happens with this thing before I jump in. There needs to be more games than Zelda, when there is, if they're good, I might pick one up. The whole WiiU thing kind of spoiled the Switch for me, for now at least. I'll give it a second look later.