hit tracker

#NintendoSwitch Online launches this September 2018

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by ub3r1337, May 8, 2018.

By ub3r1337 on May 8, 2018 at 12:38 AM
  1. 469
    ub3r1337

ub3r1337 NFC-Bank Owner Staff Member Clean-Up Crew MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.nfc-bank.com
    With Save Data Cloud backup and 20 classic NES games, with more to come, that have newly added online play!
    [​IMG]

Finally today, Nintendo of America released all their details about the upcoming $3.99 per month online service for the Nintendo Switch console, you can review some of early launch details below, and more info on their website, with other details coming later.
    OFFICIAL SITE: --> https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by ub3r1337, May 8, 2018.

1. 39
      arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Loyal Member

Wait..they're putting up a tax for online play ?

2. 59
      Jimyb3

Jimyb3 Loyal Member

I don't pay 4$ for just online gaming and 20 nes games! If they add one switch game per month maybe then I pay.

Logical in one week we will see the cfw for v1.0.0 we will have time until September to choose if prefer cfw or online.

3. 25,340
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      The best deal is 'family group' membership:

All tho, you have to 'link' your CC or PP to it. -- Not sure if how it works if 'family members' are outside of your household area, ip-location-wise, could then maybe break the terms, so then you stuck with second best deal, $19.99 USD for 12 months for single account.

But I do agree, the 20 different NES games per month, is not worth it, if there was Switch game at least eShop indie one, might be better, as still not clear if those 20 NES games will grow (it does say, more added later on), but does not mention if older ones get removed after time-limit, or if you can keep them forever, as last time Nintendo was talking about NES stuff, it sounded like it 'cloud-streaming' library, not real 'digital downloads' stored on your Switch, so we have to see what really occurs come September, as like you said CFW might end up being better! :)

4. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

Come on, CFW could be better even if the online was free, for starters you could run ALL the NES games.

I just wonder how many people will be p***ed off? Since Nintendo took so long to introduce this system, it's basically had free online for a year and a half and wouldn't surprise me if many will be shocked that they'll now have to pay.

Remember this is a system which casuals have likely bought, just yesterday I had to deal with someone who bought a Wii U game......for their Wii.

5. 25,340
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Some stuff still 'free'...
      Like sharing of 'screenshots'... :)

6. 6
      mantagtj

mantagtj Loyal Member

playstation plus and xbox live both do a free game and free indie game and saying monthly instead of yearly still doesnt make it sound any cheaper nearly 50 quid a year man thats playstation prices - glad im not bothering at all bring on CFW....

7. 25,340
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      On the subject of 'No Virtual Console' story from Nintendo spokesman, I have this to say about my reasons WHY big 'N' dropped the VC.

The reason is 'legal' license terms, and possible lawsuits. -- If big 'N' had Virtual Console, then at some point people that bought the old games on 3DS and Wii U would demand for a way to 'transfer them', and even if Nintendo said no, there would be class-action lawsuit filed at some point, and big 'N' does not wish waste time winning yet another court case, or worse forcing to settle for transfer-rights or to give everyone something back as refund, they seen what has happen to Sony over their PSN lawsuits and OtherOS lawsuits, so to avoid all that 'virtual console' is 100% killed, impossible, never to appear again in any form, shape, that could be called the same.

Instead there is going to be 'packaged libraries' of older games, first we will have months of rolling wheel of selection of NES Classics, then zap it will disappear totally, and then you enjoy months of similar selection of GB Classics, and then so on with some tiny bit of SNES, and GC action, all these 'classic libraries' will be kept 90% on the 'online cloud', so that nintendo will control it more, and can change, remove, add titles as they please with of course added 'online features', all the while keeping the 'game data' off your system itself, only having a core library access module that sucks down the graphical frames/screens from cloud, and passes back your joycon buttons to game in cloud itself.

In other words, no VC, no chance of stored pirated VC ROMs, no chance of people transfering these 'classic games' via file-sharing sites to install on CFW, and no chance to get around paying monthly for them, and no chance in hell of ever having a lawsuit dragging thru the courts to force older/existing customers of VC games from previous consoles/handhelds to be given any form of 'transfer rights', 'discounts' or 'refunds' on their past history of digital purchases.

8. 6
      mantagtj

mantagtj Loyal Member

lol keep your nes and gba.....im gonna be 50 year better off.... who of us lot are gonna buy it ? for myself I think its a dead horse........but its the way of the future.......(but im gonna vote with my $$$).....everyone else does it.....so why does ninty have to suffer....but offering us poo is a bit unfair..... (i have an app for tha!)......only time will tell..........family membership is a better price but god it seems pants to me..........offering peanuts.........

9. 59
      Jimyb3

Jimyb3 Loyal Member

For one great title for each month and not just indie I will pay 50€ for membership.

mantagtj likes this.