hit tracker

No longer able to boot gateway

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by David Ho, Dec 30, 2017.

1. 3
    David Ho

David Ho Loyal Member

Hey guys, I bought the gateway 3ds a while back. I used to be able to boot it up just fine, but am no longer able to (I haven't touched my 3ds in perhaps over a year). To confirm, I go to settings --> other settings --> profile --> Nintendo DS Profile.

I attempted to reinstall all firmware and whatnot but some of the links in the gateway 3ds guide/tutorial PDF from their website seems to have been removed. Also I’m not sure what files are relevant now. My 3ds is on Ver. 4.5.0-8E.

Sorry to start a new thread, I tried contacting tech support via their email but it seems that email no longer works. If there's any additional information you need, please let me know.

2. 25,592
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
  3. 3
    David Ho

David Ho Loyal Member

Thanks for the quick response. I wasn't aware the instructions were in the .zip
    I've tried formatting the SD cards and adding in the files anew. This hasn't fixed the issue - when I go into settings --> other settings --> profile --> Nintendo DS profile, it actually takes me to my nintendo ds profile rather than the GW installer.

I am by the way, using the older firmware.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  4. 51
    Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

If you launch profile instead of gateway auto boot, it means exploit is broken.

Don’t follow the shitty manual above, website url are no more used.

I hope you still have Gateway blue card, that will be easier for the setup.

Steps:
    1. On a microsd formatted in FAT32, put all files from Blue card section on root of the microsd (the files are in last gateway delivery, there are a ‘_epg’ directory and 4 other files).
    2. Put the microsd in gateway blue card, put it in your 3ds, launch the ds game as a normal game.
    3. Select GW_installer and when done, switch off 3ds.
    4. Put last launcher.dat in sd card, put your .3ds games in microsd formatted in FAT and put this microsd in gateway red card.
    5. Boot the 3ds with red card inserted, launch exploit using profile and it will work now.

David Ho likes this.
  5. 3
    David Ho

David Ho Loyal Member

It worked! Thanks so much :)

6. 45
    Zaraf

Zaraf Loyal Member

I have this same problem. What can I do if I can't find my blue card?

7. 51
    Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

It depends. You are saying you have same pb: do you have a sysnand version 4.X ?
    If you have this sysnand version and you don't find the blue card, that will be harder to setup. Either you follow the tuto above and you try to use menuhax in order to boot in Gateway mode (but I don't think menuhax is working anymore...), or you don't use anymore Gateway cards and you move on CFW. You can also use another ds linker and to put the files for gateway blue card and see if it works... You can find some for 10€ now.