hit tracker

No n3DS features on MH4U

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by petch, Mar 23, 2015.

1. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

8.1J sysnand, running 9.5J emunand. MH4U (EU) updated to 1.1. Installed and running as .cia, plays fine but I can't use ZL/ZR or the nub.

Edit: Features are also not working on MM3D (.3ds rather than .cia)

2. 17
    jsgogeta

jsgogeta Loyal Member

Go to game options and set the circle pad pro to ON.

3. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

You realise it attempts to turn that on when you first start the game, not that I wouldn't have tried to do it manually myself either.

4. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Did you try going to sleep mode first and then open your N3DS again before starting MH4U and see if that works?

5. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

Yeah, I tried it at the time and it didn't fix it (it fixed the 3D however - my issue before sleeping isn't face tracking but 3D in general for some reason).

I messed around a bit more and if I boot into emunand, sleep, then launch the game it's fine. If I launch the game any time before sleeping it won't work until I reboot. Oddly enough the 3D will be fixed whenever I do that (even mid-game) but to get 'new' features to work it has to be before any games are ran. I'm just going to have to get into a habit of doing that every boot!

6. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Yes, that seems to be a problem with the current version of the exploit and they are working on it. I also have to go to sleep mode and wake the N3DS up before going to any game to make the new features work (head tracking, C-Stick, new shoulder buttons, etc.)

7. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

I just never thought to try before doing anything else since sleep mode fixed 3D at any time :(

8. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Yes, could maybe have something to do with games initializing the input system. Once they initialized the input and do not recognize the new features through the buggy exploit, the N3DS does not know that he has those thingys attached to it :D

9. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

This is odd though. I've had to shut the lid and reopen for the 3D on the rare occasions I use it (usually just playing around for a few minutes and then turning it back off as I see it as little more than a gimmick) but MH4U installed as a CIA on my N3DS seems to work with the c-stick and everything (I don't really use the z buttons, so can't say much about them but the rare few times I've used them they worked -- I just can't absolutely guarantee that I hadn't at any point suspended before using them) just fine without needing a suspend and resume for me as far as I've noticed so far at least.

Speaking of "no N3DS features" is it just me, or is this game that people claim was made so much with the N3DS in mind not really actually using any N3DS features? It still "activates" the "Circle Pad Pro" on every startup and pesters you with a popup you have to manually push a button to go through (even though it's built in and thus silly to say this -- if it really knows I'm on a N3DS it should detect this and not even pester in the first place) plus I've seen definite framerate drops (especially when enabling the 3D...) I'm wondering if this game really even supports the N3DS specifically or if it just sees it as a standard 3DS with the Circle Pad Pro and nothing more. (And I got curious and ran MH3U and it does indeed see the C-stick as a Circle Pad Pro and works with it, so apparently it's 100% backwards compatible.)

10. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    I think the problem with games is that they can use the N3DS's features like more CPU and RAM OR have backwards compatibility with the O3DS.

So, for example, you can have a game like Xenoblade which will support the N3DS only, probably without framerate drops and such things. But you cannot have MH4U working on O3DS and using the better hardware of the N3DS.

MH4U was never advertised as N3DS only or such things, nor did they say, it will use the better hardware of the N3DS. They used the Circle Pad Pro functionality of MH4U to advertise the new buttons and the C-Stick on the N3DS. At least I always read it this way.