hit tracker

no solder mod idea for unflashable liteon's

Discussion in '360 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by rory2005, Dec 1, 2009.

1. 0
    rory2005

rory2005 Guest

this idea is for use with the new method of getting the keys from the liteon 8 series v2 and 9 series without soldering the board itself!

ive been thinking of making a rig up using spring wire for the tiny holes on the back of these drives circuit board (as the holes do look to be a uniform size) but dont know what gauge to buy, so has anyone any ideas for this?

would also rig up stabilisers for the springwires.

just thinking in this way as there is only one lot of soldering to to do (making the rig up itself) so less chance of making a mistake on the board itself.

so my plan is to just do the 2 cuts on the tracks, insert all the springwires into the holes on the board and grab the keys, then used conductive ink to repair the tracks.

ps i know this is repeated in my other thread but i wanted a new thread as its a different topic.

2. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

personaly dont think its good idea.if a spring contacts something it shouldnt then you might get a short of some type which is bad.

i only ever seen 2 unflashable drives (until the new method came out) funnily my first 93450 came the day before the release of the method.the other was a 83850 months back.
    :)

3. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

ita a good idea like when boards are assembled in the factory,they come from the solder bath then are checked visually after that they go on a rig for setup and calibration,the problem is that these rigs have all the needed connections to the extras ie motors,lasers,switches etc, you dont have enough room under the board with everything connected, as saleem said the accuracy is critical.

4. 0
    rory2005

rory2005 Guest

why do you need to worry about space does the pcb need the case on to do this mod.

thats why i was asking for an optimal gauge of spring wire to fit the holes so i have less chance of cocking it up plus with some form of insulated stabiliser system to prevent the spring wire falling over and touching other components all should be pretty safe.

watch a modified version of a spear or probe type of spring retactable device that can balance itself and connect the right points without soldering is made by a major manufacturer of mod products

5. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

well if there are vias that need to be wired up,even if there is only one,a pin will do in the first place,all you need is something to hold it in place,blutak or something similar.

6. 92
    Sparks988

Sparks988 Loyal Member

7. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

thems pogo like jtag have (or some of them)

prob is they need hands to hold them in place.so if you have a wire with a pogo on each end you will have to use both hands to hold them there unless you use a piece of circuit board,cut it square,drill holes in,pass the pogo through so that you can hold the circuit board with 1 hand so that each of the 2 pogos are in contact with the vias.

so theres 4 vias if i aint mistaken 2 connect with a wire,the other 2 with a wire but,you need a switch fitted on that one.so thats a big piece of circuit board,with 4 pogos placed properly through it so they contact the vias and a switch attached to the circuit board and one of the wires.

do you get the general idea now of what you would have to do?

8. 1,274
    prankster

prankster Loyal Member

Industrial Spraypainter
    You can actually do without the switch, just a simple male/female connector will do it.

9. 0
    rory2005

rory2005 Guest

gonna make a setup soon just to see how easy or difficult it is.
    ta for a link to the site for the site that sells the pogos.

if i want to use a foot of cable from each switch cable will i need to change the resistance?

will prob use normal modchiping kynar wire.

only thinking of doing this as its less strain on the pogos.

10. 2
    wdfldrd400

wdfldrd400 Loyal Member

looks like some body did it already.

but I don't understand it.

I tried but can't post the link the photo.

I will try it again later.

please some body tell us the details, thanks.

11. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

you would still have to cut 2 traces if i am not mistaken,they need reattaching afterwards.

it would not be that hard to make the pogo jtag adap[tor as there are only 4 vias on the board that need contact for wire.

simple case of popping pogos into a circuit board so when you hold the circuit board the pogos will make contact with the vias,then wiring to connect the pogos to each other,thats 1 wire for 2 pogos and one wire which either has a smitch and a 22ohm resistor on it or a wire with the resistor and a way to attach the wire together and unattach it so thats the switch without a switch method,on the other 2 pogos.

12. 0
    rory2005

rory2005 Guest

the reattachment of the tracks is what the silver conductive ink is for it hardens in 20 - 30 mins from the description.

still no where anywhere near ready for starting yet as been very busy.

13. 2
    jackmanfred

jackmanfred Loyal Member

Guys,

Now we have the firmware and the no how is any one studying the pcb for an alternative exploit?

A non solder exploit would be really cool:), i don't mind soldering but its a bit of a pain in the arse, especially when you've got a few to do.

j