hit tracker

Nothing Shows up

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by Ravenmore, Jan 13, 2018.

1. 6
    Ravenmore

Ravenmore Loyal Member

Several hours ago I received my Star Gate in the mail. My micro sd for the cartridge is a SanDisk 32 gb, fat 32, and none of my game back ups appear. When I put cart in my n3ds xl nothing shows up, I just get a green light the indicating that it's reading the games but nothing shows up, I'm even pressing the buttons and it's pissing me off. Could it be a bad cart, got it from modchipsdirect?

2. 6
    Ravenmore

Ravenmore Loyal Member

After messing around with it appears a faulty card. Seems the sd reader on the star gate isn't placed correctly

3. 5
    Toking

Toking Loyal Member

Have you downloaded the stargate drives and put on your sd card?
    The stargate card is blank and dont work out of box.
    Put 1.0 firmware just like it is on the sd card.
    And then add the .3ds files on the sd card (must be unpacked and not in a folder).
    Dont add pokemon, that does not work yet and messes up the other games that does work.

4. 5
    Toking

Toking Loyal Member

And are you using a 3ds rom from same region as your 3ds?

5. 6
    Ravenmore

Ravenmore Loyal Member

Trust me it's the cart the sd reader isn't functioning correctly. Games will only pop up if I some how have something to hold it in place, and I'm not doing any of that so I'll just send it back for a replacement.

6. 1
    Arcadefan

Arcadefan Loyal Member

I think that I have the same problem!

7. 6
    Ravenmore

Ravenmore Loyal Member

It's possible, because once you place the star gate in the 3ds the green light on the star gate comes on for a split second, but if you hold the sd card hard with either your finger, or something else it will go from green to purple and a game will show up. Doing anything else like swapping games, switching modes will make it go away prompting you to do it all over. You have two options, either get something to hold the sd card down for the reader or send it back to the seller you purchased from

8. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

I wonder how many cards have issues, I've had to send 2 back because the red light keeps coming on and they won't read the files, I wonder how stringent their QC is :/ Hoping the replacements have no issues, I don't want to have to keep paying £10 every time in shipping just to keep getting them replaced

9. 6
    Ravenmore

Ravenmore Loyal Member

I was gonna ask which model 3ds do you have, it did the same thing on my original model mid night purple 3ds, but I was thinking it probably because it's on OFW 4.5 since there's no problem on my galaxy 3ds xl (besides the sd card reader)and that could be the reason why it's red. The problem is that since it's a new cart not many people are talking about the issues like these because everyone is trying to find the answer to them or hadn't experience it as of yet.

10. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

I have one o3ds and one new 3dsxl both had the same issue