hit tracker

NTR question

Discussion in 'Game Cheat Codes Discussion' started by xirtamehtsitahw, Jan 4, 2017.

1. 39
    xirtamehtsitahw

xirtamehtsitahw Loyal Member

World's Richest Mew
    I tried setting up Luma3DS on my 3DS with 4.3.0-5 OFW, but I can't seem to get it to work properly. I was doing this to make it possible for me to use NTR codes on various games that are lacking GateShark equivalents.

So...seeing as how I failed in that respect, is there any way to revert NTR codes back to GateShark format?

This would open up a whole bunch of new GateShark codes for games which seem to still have "holes" in their GateShark coverage.

Case in point: New Super Mario Bros. 2 has an NTR code plugin enabling moon jumps...but no corresponding GateShark code.

2. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

it's possible if the source code for the ntr cheat plugin is available like this one
    https://github.com/RyDog199/SMM-NTR
    otherwise, remake cheat by searching with gateway

ntr cheat plugins that uses push Select for cheat menu mostly are made from Gateway cheats, if that is the case then a Gateway cheat might be available

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. 39
    xirtamehtsitahw

World's Richest Mew
    I looked and couldn't find a New Super Mario Bros. 2 repository that featured a .txt file containing the codes used to build the NTR plugin. Also, it's SUPPOSED to be possible to use an NTR app, even if all you have is Gateway EmuNAND. Not sure if this is true, though.

4. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

or ask the person who made the cheat plugin for the code
    if you could use gateway then you could use ntr

5. 39
    xirtamehtsitahw

World's Richest Mew
    That's not true. First off. Gateway and NTR are two entirely different things. How would I go about installing NTR on Gateway emuNAND? Or is it even possible?

6. 39
    xirtamehtsitahw

World's Richest Mew
    apparently NTR does NOT work on my 3DS. I tried using the BootNTR.cia, and it just plain FAILS. It's looking for a home menu version I apparently don't have.

7. 39
    xirtamehtsitahw

World's Richest Mew
    Actually...I just installed BootNTR.cia, and have ntr.bin on my SD card, but it insists on "failing", due to claiming my Gateway EmuNAND is unsupported.

8. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

9. 39
    xirtamehtsitahw

World's Richest Mew
    actually, the whole issue was I needed Luma3DS. However, I wish there were a place to find an actual GOOD selection of NTR cheat plugins. The three sites I know of (shoutwiki, speedfly, elotrolado) are quite limited in the number of codes available. Are there any plugins available here?

10. 115
    winchain

winchain Loyal Member

there are tons of cheat plugin at speedfly and gbatemp

11. 39
    xirtamehtsitahw

World's Richest Mew
    Speedfly's hard to navigate (it's in Chinese), and I'll have to agree with your gbatemp remark--there ARE lots of NTR plugins, but they're often spread out and you have to dig for them. It's worth the effort, IMO.

12. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

Hopefully there will be a way to Read the Plugin Files, to see what Codes are in them and what the Codes Addresses/Values are