hit tracker

Official MaxConsole Onikuma Wired Headset K6 Review

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by realtimesave, Oct 21, 2018.

By realtimesave on Oct 21, 2018 at 2:49 PM
  1. 390
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Big blue. ONIKUMA!
    Onikuma Gaming Headset K6 / Wired Blue LED light Headphone Headset
    [​IMG]

While I am not an audiophile by any means, I can notice good bass when it is pronounced from a good set of speakers. The Onikuma Gaming Headset K6 is no exception and delivers excellent sound for a low price.

The Onikuma K6 has over the ear speakers which fit nicely and comfortably (using soft memory cotton) over the ears while almost unexpectedly keeping them warm at the same time. The top is padded and it has a stylish 360 degree noise reduction microphone on the side that hinges to about 70 degrees down and 90 degrees up for a total of 160 degree hinge angle.

Here are the listed specifications of the headset:
    • Brand Name: ONIKUMA
    • Model Number: K6
    • Loudhailer Diameter: 50mm
    • Frequency Range: 20-20KHz
    • Sensitivity: 106±3dB
    • Impedance: 32Ω
    • Mic Diameter: 6.0mm
    • Mic Sensitivity: -38±3dB
    • Directionality: omni-directional
    • LED Working Voltage: DC 5V
    • Working Current: 30mAh
    • Input Plug: 3.5mm 4Pin + USB (for LED)
    • Color: Blue, Red (Optional)
    • Cable Length: 2.2m
    • Main Item Weight: 447g / 15.76oz
    • Package Size: 22.8 * 22.2 * 11.8cm / 8.97 * 8.74 * 4.64in
    • Package Weight: 622g / 21.93oz
    IMG_5615.JPG IMG_5616.JPG

Let’s take a look at what is included in the package.

IMG_5626.JPG IMG_5631.JPG

IMG_5643.JPG IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG IMG_5647.JPG

Within the neatly printed box you will find the headset with an assortment of cables dangling from it. It has very nice black braided cables with a USB A connector for the blue LED lights and a 1/8” male jack end that is connected to a female 1/8” jack for both the speakers and the microphone. There is also a switch for turning on and off the microphone’s LED light and a volume adjustment knob.

IMG_5627.JPG IMG_5629.JPG

IMG_5630.JPG
    This is the headset, showing the swivel microphone, speakers, and blue LED illuminated sides

IMG_5641.JPG IMG_5642.JPG
    Over the ear cotton memory foam speakers

IMG_5640.JPG
    Onikuma K6 wired headset plugged into the front panel of a PC (Corsair mid tower Carbide PC case)

IMG_5631.JPG IMG_5645.JPG
    Included cables

The included user guide is very simple and lists compatibility with several gaming consoles as well as the PC, MAC, and iOS devices. Since this headset uses a standard 1/8” jack, it is a given that anything that has a 1/8” female jack is compatible with it. Also included is a card for a free gaming mouse offer from the manufacturer in exchange for a positive Amazon.com review which I find quite handy because my mouse is starting to break down and I may take advantage of this offer.

I would have to say that this is a great head set although the documentation does not list technical specifications of it. I therefore was not looking for noise cancelling technology or other features found on other headsets. It is worth mentioning that I had no problems with outside noise interfering with my listening experience while wearing this headset and playing music and YouTube videos.

We at MaxConsole would like to thank Lighting Deal for supplying the Onikuma Gaming Headset K6 for review. This is an excellent wired headset and more than sufficient for a beginner that is looking for an inexpensive way to privately listen to their gaming console, music, games, and etc. This headset currently sells on https://www.amazon.com/ONIKUMA-Nintendo-Cancelling-Headphones-Microphone/dp/B07DNY27DK for $22.99 and FREE Shipping with Amazon Prime.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by realtimesave, Oct 21, 2018.