hit tracker

OFFICIAL MAXCONSOLE REVIEW: Bluedio Turbine T6 6th Generation Bluetooth Audio Headset

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by realtimesave, Aug 14, 2018.

By realtimesave on Aug 14, 2018 at 6:16 PM
  1. 390
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Welcome to the our official review of the 6th generation of Bluetooth audio headsets!
    Bluedio Turbine T6 Wireless Bluetooth Headphone Headset
    [​IMG]

With Bluetooth being, well, everywhere, audiophiles and casual listeners alike can enjoy a wide range of products to pair to their Bluetooth device. This headset is no exception and offers a stylish look and comfort that is to be expected in high end headphones.

The Bluedio Turbine T6 headset offers noise cancelling technology, a built in voice for function feedback, and, of course, Bluetooth compatibility among several other features. This headset also offers the capability to plug in via a 3.5mm (1/8”) audio plug (I found this handy since while it will pair with a PC, it will only allow you to use it is a microphone by default but a quick re-configuration of the sound settings made it work just fine as speakers) to USB type-C adapter. This pair of headphones also comes in three different color choices: black, love red, and yellow.

Let’s take a look at the packaging and included items.

IMG_5108.JPG IMG_5109.JPG

The box it comes in is matte black and displays a picture of the product on the front. The side of the box displays what is included and the back of the box shows a short list of features as well as a layout of the headphones with its parts labeled. It also has a Bluedio original goods verification sticker.

IMG_5111.JPG

Inside the box is the headset underneath a piece of molded transparent plastic. It rests in a molded black plastic tray along with a small black accessory box and the instruction manual underneath.

IMG_5116.JPG IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5115.JPG

Within the box is the soft, almost velour-like, carrying pouch and a USB type-A to USB type-C flat black cable. You will not find an included USB type-C to 1/8” adapter within this accessory box and will have to order it separately if you want to use this for wired audio with a PC.

I have only owned inexpensive wired gaming headsets in the past which offer just the bare minimal equipment: a pair of standard headphones covered with black foam and a microphone protruding from the right side of the headset.

IMG_5112.JPG IMG_5114.JPG

IMG_5113.JPG

Let us see how this pair of headphones stacks up to what I am accustomed to using with my PC.

The very first thing I noticed about the T6 headphones is that it gives you a greeting message when you first power them on. A female voice clearly states “power on”, in a non-robotic and natural tone. Then, if it does not sense a paired device, the voice says “ready to pair”. It says “power off” after you hold the power button for a few seconds to turn the device off.

I happened to have a coov N100 pro Bluetooth adapter handy and I wanted to test this on my PC first of all devices that I have. I plugged in the Bluetooth adapter (which also does not come with this product) and was able to quickly get into my PC Bluetooth pairing mode. After setting the PC into pairing mode under its Bluetooth settings, I turned on the Bluedio T6 and let it go by default into pairing mode (the manual states that you have to hold the power button on to go into pairing mode but I did not have to do that. I simply turned it on and waited for the greeting voice to state that it was in pairing mode.) After pairing, I tested it and quickly found out that while it does support Bluetooth connection to the PC, it is only for the built in Bluetooth microphone and not for the headset’s earphones by default. A quick re-configuration of Microsoft Windows sound output made it work just fine via bluetooth to the headphones as speakers. Furthermore, I looked in the manual and found that it requires a wired connection via USB type-C to 3.5mm (or 1/8” which is the same thing) adapter if you want to use it as a wired set. I have one of those adapters on order right now from GearBest and it cost only 79 cents shipped.

The next device I had handy was my Samsung Galaxy S6 mobile phone. I paired the Bluedio T6 to it and played some music. What I like about this headset is that it provides noise cancellation by fully covering the ears gently and the sound quality was very good. It has nice, deep, bass notes and all of my music played fine.

I am sure that this device will work great with my PC once I get the USB type-c to 1/8” adapter and that is going to be my primary use of the Bluedio T6 headphones. For now, it is working fine with Bluetooth with any caveats Bluetooth may have on my PC. Right now, it is pausing my music when I get notifications in a chat client but that is not the fault of the device itself it is just user error or something to do with Bluetooth altogether.

Over all, I am very pleased with this headset. It has a high quality feel to it and comes with (almost) enough accessories to get you going. I will give this device an A grade in scoring because it is simple to use, high quality, and does everything it is suppose to right out of the box. I am not an audiophile so it is difficult for me to give any audio equipment a very high score. I will say that the Bluedio T6 offers noise cancelling not only in the earphone parts themselves but also in its internal circuitry. That makes it a great device to use if you have other, external, noise around while it is in use.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank GearBest for providing the Bluedio T6 Headset sample for review. This is currently on sale for $45.99 after 13% discount on GearBest.com and costs $0.13 to ship to the USA. I would definitely recommend this headset to anyone that is entry level into audio and wants to quickly pick out a quality pair of wireless headphones with wired connectivity capability.

Where to buy: --> GearBest Bluedio T6 Headphones Headset

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by realtimesave, Aug 14, 2018.