hit tracker

Official MaxConsole Xiaomi Mi Pro 10,000mAh Powerbank Review

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by realtimesave, Nov 1, 2018.

By realtimesave on Nov 1, 2018 at 7:24 PM
  1. 387
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

A Powerful Review of the Xiaomi Mi Pro 10k mAh Type-C Power Bank in Grey
    [​IMG]

Power banks are a definite must have accessory these days especially for thin smart phones. I know from experience that my Samsung Galaxy S6 uses up its stored battery power rapidly and by now we all know of the heavy, thick, fat battery pack power banks that have been available for some time to remedy this issue. Those work great, but this review has in store for you something even better.

The Xiaomi Mi Pro Type-C power bank is a ten-thousand milliamp power bank much like what they have offered in the past but this time it comes in a much slimmer form factor and also with USB type-C charging. This power bank is only 0.47 inches thick and weighs 0.48 pounds which is roughly half an inch and half a pound respectively. The product chosen is a nice dark grey which apparently is a very popular color choice for it in China right now and also comes in rose gold.

For comparison, the original Xiaomi Mi 10,000mAh power bank weighs in at about ½ a pound plus one ounce and is quite thick at 1.06 inches. It also has no USB type C charging connector. Intead, it has a mini USB charging connector. This power bank is also genuine and came from GearBest.

Let’s take a look at what is included in the package.

IMG_5617.JPG IMG_5618.JPG

IMG_5619.JPG

The box it comes in is quite small, just big enough to sneak in the power bank and its included manuals and USB type A to USB type C cable. The included manual is almost entirely in Chinese. A cardboard insert is included that surrounds the power bank but is insignificant. You will see a genuine authenticity sticker on the box along with printed hours and times it takes to charge devices. The user manual has some further description of the authenticity sticker and how to tell it apart from a fake. This information is all printed in Chinese except for the product URL.

IMG_5624.JPG IMG_5625.JPG

The included USB type A to USB type C cable is of excellent quality and resembles Apple OEM cable styling. The fit and finish of the cable is excellent and it has a detachable USB type C end that converts down to a standard mini USB connector for use with other devices. The charging port on the power bank itself is USB type C so you normally will leave the cable connected together for charging the power bank. The only caveat is that there is no included adapter for Apple products (no included lightning cable).

IMG_5622.JPG

On the power bank is a series of four LED lights, a small button, and USB type A and USB type C connectors. The white LED lights display status while charging as well as power status after pressing and releasing the button. USB type C is only used for charging the power bank.

IMG_5623.JPG

The finish on the power bank is a nice matte dark grey with a Mi logo on the front and a smaller font mi.com text printed on the back. The power bank is styled very similarly to Apple products although it is not intended to only charge Apple phones. It can charge other devices such as Android phones and tablets and the Nintendo Switch.

In this review I will attempt to show how many times you can charge a few devices: the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone, the iPod Touch 5th Generation, and the Nintendo Switch. None of these devices are listed on the packaging for charging times or number of times the power bank can charge them, but it should be a sufficient baseline test to show how robust this product is. I do not expect it to be able to fully charge a Nintendo Switch but it may give it a small percentage (15%-30%) more power. The other two devices should be able to fully charge 2 or more times.

Let’s see how this all works out and how the power bank performs.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Smartphone (T-Mobile)
    IMG_5653.JPG
    Apple iPod Touch 5th Generation (Jailbreak)
    IMG_5654.JPG
    Nintendo Switch (Team Xecuter SX Pro)
    IMG_5649.JPG IMG_5650.JPG
    Over all, I am very impressed with the Xiaomi Mi Pro power bank. This is because I am primarily going to be using it for the smart phone and, on occasion, the Nintendo Switch while on trips. While you can use it for the latter, it can charge the console 1.5 times which still is pretty sufficient. I feel that 10,000mAh is excellent for smart phones, while it is about average for tablets and other larger devices such as the Nintendo Switch.

Us at MaxConsole would like to thank GearBest once again for an excellent product to review. The Xiami Mi Pro is on sale at GearBest for $27.69 plus $3.71 shipping at https://www.gearbest.com/power-banks/pp_343014.html . This is an excellent buy for the quality of the power bank as well as the aesthetically pleasing appearance of the device and its charging cable.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official MaxConsole Reviews' started by realtimesave, Nov 1, 2018.