hit tracker

OFW 4.82 released

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by waltinio, Nov 14, 2017.

1. 59
    waltinio

waltinio Loyal Member

Today PS3 has new firmware, 4.82. Do not update until we confirm if we can still using our Cobra ODE. I´ll try tonigth (-5 GMT). I update this post when I update the console and make some test.

Regards

2. 1
    joscarpm

joscarpm Loyal Member

ok, thanks

3. 59
    waltinio

waltinio Loyal Member

:)Now I can confirm. I´ve updeted my PS3 Slim and the Cobra Ode works normally. I run Burnout Paradise, Ni No Kun, Batman Arkham City and Bayonetta. All games works like a charm. Some ones are updated and others don't.
    For more detail of my console configuraton, see my signature.:D
    Now, I can´t confirm other Cobra Ode hardware (4.20 or 5.10) only mine 4.30 or other systems (Fat or superslim) only Slim.
    Regards

4. 3
    kevingeorge1430

kevingeorge1430 Loyal Member

Hello I'm on ofw 4.55 Slim Model Ceh30xxxc can I update my ps3 to latest ofw?

5. 7
    mehdimmz

mehdimmz Loyal Member

hi in install after extract package and goto safe mod and stop on 69% :(

6. 59
    waltinio

waltinio Loyal Member

Hi Kevingeorge. If I was you, I don't will update the console. Because if updates, you need to do some things:
    1. Update the firmware of the cobra ODE.
    2. Need to but another module (DMC - Drive Motor Controller) or make some modifications to your console to change discs manually.
    3. Need some original (compatible) games to make a SWAP disc to convert the ISO games.
    4. Need to buy a Blue-Ray burner and some blue-ray discs (compatible brands are required)
    5. Convert any new game and create a ISO SWAP and burn it to blue-ray discs.

The only good things to update is the online multiplayer and sync your trophies.

Think about it. Do you need online or sync trophies? or Play any game without the new mods?

Now. I updated because I have too mane digital games that I bought before install the Cobra ODE and I still playing.
    Regards

7. 59
    waltinio

waltinio Loyal Member

Hi Mehdimmz.
    Did you put the swicth to PT mode?
    Did you try to update from USB?

Regards

8. 7
    mehdimmz

mehdimmz Loyal Member

hi
    yes in pt mode
    update from usb UPDATE->PS3UPDAT.PUB

9. 2
    Ahmed Hassan

Ahmed Hassan Loyal Member

how did you burn the swap disc and how did you generate the eboots iso and can you upload that iso and the programs required and/or the eboots?
    how did you make the swap while opening a game?
    Games without updates still work? if so how?