hit tracker

Older REBUG Firmwares - AUG. 2ND 2013

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by Cyberskunk, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 73
    evilsperm

evilsperm Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    https://rebug.me
    rewrite target id and go back to CEX, then set all menus back to normal. and make sure you are using CEX kernel.
    Then flash from xmb.

2. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

Thanks, got it!! Just being an idiot is all!! :p

3. 5
    pickmanlight

pickmanlight Loyal Member

first off thanks for all the info and work that has been done!!

I'm currently on kmeaw 3.55 (never downgraded, and never connected to psn) and I have a few questions before updating.

1) I've never messed with Reactpsn and I've never been on psn with my ps3 at all. If I install rebug rex 4.30.2 will I be able to use Reactpsn even though I've never been online? or do I need to do something else?

2) I know most 3.55 psn games will need to be resigned to work but what about ps1classics? I haven't seen any 4.21+ fixes for ps1classics so I assume they still work?

3) To install I make a nand/nor backup, enable qa flag, and install rebug 4.30.2 straight from the xmb correct?

4) If I don't like rebug 4.30.2 can I install rogero 4.30 v 2.05 right over it straight from the xmb?

5) Once rebug is installed will I have to chance any settings? or will it be pretty much set to go.

4. 384
    mschumacher69

mschumacher69 Loyal Member

1. Not sure
    2. Yeah I think PS1 classics work without any patching
    3. No need to enable QA first anymore, it can be enabled on 4.xx now, so you can make nor/nand backup first and install Rebug 4.30.2 directly from XMB and then enable QA from the Toolbox
    4. Yes you can install Rogero 4.30 v2.05 on top of Rebug 4.30.2, but believe me you will like Rebug and you would be doing a mistake if you move to Rogero
    5. It is set to go, but if you want to spoof to 4.31, you have to change System Mode to Rebug. Also, if you don't want the Debug menus, you have to set XMB Operation Mode to Retail and Debug Menu Type to CEX QA. This will also ensure Media Server doesn't disable upon restart.

5. 388
    dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

Just want to say how appreciative I am to the rebug team for this latest update. It is almost stupid-simple now to upgrade. Very.. very nice job guys!

6. 7
    Downloadablegod

Downloadablegod Loyal Member

Well 4.40....

7. 388
    dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

I suspect all the online play from CFW accelerated this release. No worries from me. All my shit works. I don't use my PS3 online. I actually pay for XBOX Live... LOL

8. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Apparently they didn't even change the passkey for online, so just change your spoof version and go from what I'm aware.

9. 3
    Overx

Overx Loyal Member

Where can I find patch to allow this? minimum version 3.60 is meltrd2, is possible to install CFW? as?

10. 5
    pickmanlight

pickmanlight Loyal Member

awesome thanks for the reply mschumacher69! Gonna make the switch to Rebug this weekend!!

thanks again!

11. 379
    Cyberskunk

Cyberskunk Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    http://www.REBUG.me
    There was a run of PS3 that the minimum version was 3.56 but were released with 3.60 installed.. This is what i was talking about.

I believe it was the CECH250x with Datecode '1A '

12. 3
    Overx

Overx Loyal Member

I tried to apply the patch 4.x only ros0, ros1 does not work, brick. made several attempts does not work.

13. 379
    Cyberskunk

Cyberskunk Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    http://www.REBUG.me
    I think you are still misunderstanding what I meant..

Before the latest Rebug Toolbox 02.01.02 was released you needed to be on 3.55 to be able to enable the QA features of the PS3 but now the toolbox can do this on almost any CFW..

This means anyone that used a flasher to install CFW on a 3.56 min version PS3 can now also enable QA.

Hope that cleared it up a little bit.. :)

14. 17
    torrentted84

torrentted84 Loyal Member

I have a problem with the update package 0.1?

I first installed the Rebug 4.30.2 straight from XMB and all went well, after that I went to the toolbox and set the system back to Rebug. Then I wanted to install the update package, but after pressing x my system seems to be freezing or installing just needs a lot of time? However I wasn't patient enough and after a reboot I've gotten a RSOD saying something serious was going on...

I could fix it by going into recovery and installing the 4.30.2 again, but after that and trying to install the update being in normal mode I get the same problem of the RSOD?

Anyone know what I am doing wrong

PS3 is 60GB launch model, only installed few CFW with Rebug 4.30.1 and 4.30.2 being the latest. Toolbox is 2.0 I believe?

15. 384
    mschumacher69

...they couldn't enable QA before because they can never go to 3.55 ;)

16. 384
    mschumacher69

Wait for it to install and don't reboot manually, wait for it, it will reboot automatically.

17. 17
    torrentted84

torrentted84 Loyal Member

Thanks, that did the tick

18. 1
    akakage

akakage Loyal Member

Great work rebug team..
    im looking forward for 4.40 realeses

19. 120
    Olympiacos

Olympiacos Loyal Member

will they release a cfw 4.40?or just the spoof?

20. 21
    kratosgow

kratosgow Loyal Member

I think it's just spoof because 4.40 only improve console system while "phasecode" security code is the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.