hit tracker

Older REBUG Firmwares - AUG. 2ND 2013

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by Cyberskunk, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

Can you tell me how resign the last version of multiman in 4.41 ? thanks guys and rebug team

2. 384
    mschumacher69

mschumacher69 Loyal Member

It's not about resigning, the keys for all 4.xx firmware are still the same, it's about updating the Backup Manager itself for the correct Peek/Poke memory locations or something like that.

3. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

Then you must wait for Deank update multiman? Cabbage.. Deank if you beat a shot! :D

4. 384
    mschumacher69

I'm afraid so, or any other dev with the knowledge on how to do it. mM is open source isn't it? But I prefer if dean does it himself because the moment there's a fork, then things would start to get confusing... Unless Rebug would fork it :D

5. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

No multiman that i know has not yet become open source ... but frankly I prefer that we work only Deank ;)

6. 384
    mschumacher69

How would Estewald copy new mM features when they're released (and vice versa) if mM wasn't open source then?

7. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

I don't know, I'm not so sure that become open source but also if it were, i do not think that there are many developers to work ... :D

8. 4
    hijam

hijam Loyal Member

Hi, in first i want to thanks rebug team a lot, because their cfws are always fine :D

Unfortunately, multiman is not opensource right ? So any cfw in the future if deank don't come back can not be used with multiman...

I hope he will come back soon so i can install this new rebug firmware!

I have also a question for rebug team, why don't you added the debug menu or the debug xmb in the 4.41 version like the 4.30.1 ? At that time there was also no dex fw, but the options were added.

Thanks for reply :D

PS: I'm french, sorry if my english is bad, it's my first post here but im not "noob" lol

9. 168
    Peppsi

Peppsi Loyal Member

Q: WHY MAKE LITE EDITION?
    A: Because at the moment 4.4x DEX firmware is not in the wild and we 100% refuse to make a version hybrid (using 4.30 DEX files in 4.41). There is approx. 70 files that need to replaced in CEX firmware for it to become a complete DEX firmware. About 40 of those files at least have been updated in the CEX firmware since 4.30 (if you look at 4.40 PS3PATCH.PUP) and more again with 4.40 and 4.41. With so many file changes it makes a nice recipe for instability.. ;)

10. 384
    mschumacher69

Because 4.41 DEX is not public yet. When they released Rebug 4.30.1, they had access to 4.30 DEX.

11. 4
    hijam

hijam Loyal Member

Dex fw was leaked 2 february, and the 4.30.1 was released the 4 january..

Ok i understand now, in the 4.30.1 they were using 4.21 dex files, but this time there's too much files to replace..

Thanks for reply ;)

12. 384
    mschumacher69

I don't think they were using 4.21 DEX files in Rebug 4.30.1 mate because they "100% refuse to make a hybrid version". I think they had access to 4.30 DEX when they released Rebug 4.30.1.

Anyways, only they can confirm.

Edit 1: Unless the DEX files weren't changed between 4.21 and 4.30, and they knew that because those files weren't changed in the CEX firmware.
    Edit 2: I was right, @Cyberskunk confirmed that they had access to the 4.30 DEX PUP long before January.

13. 15
    xFelony_Modz

xFelony_Modz Loyal Member

Ok So Maybe You Guys Can Help I Have Been Reading Some People Cant Use pkg Files With This CFW and Others can well im one of the people it wont let me can you guys help me so I can update to the new toolbox or even select a pkg

14. 15
    xFelony_Modz

Im Having The Same Problem Its Showning The pkg but not letting me select any of them please help

15. 379
    Cyberskunk

Cyberskunk Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    http://www.REBUG.me
    PLEASE DO NOT SPECULATE.. READ WHAT I WROTE.. (This is how dumb rumours get started)..

We only use THE SAME version DEX files.. EVERYTIME..

We had access to the 4.30 DEX PUP long before January but out of respect we were bound to the request of our source to not release it.. Also at the time we were not able to run 4.30 DEX on converted consoles.

It has always been this way..

I need more info to work from.. since it is working here with out any problems..

I need all the details of your install.. Please PM them to me.. :)

16. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

I apologize, but i explain the usefulness of this new CFW if at the time multiman does not work and therefore cannot initiate backups? I have not yet understood the reason for which it was issued this CFW 4.41

17. 8
    Cass.UV

Cass.UV Loyal Member

:applause: :applause: :applause: Awesome!. Rebug is the best. Congratulations for the great job!.

Question... I'm at Rebug 4.30.1 Standard, can I overwrite it with Rebug 4.41.1 or I must downgrade to 3.55 first...?

18. 379
    Cyberskunk

Cyberskunk Developer for Team Rebug Developer

Home Page:
    http://www.REBUG.me
    Just update straight from XMB.. No need to downgrade.

I had answered this question many different ways and deleted my answer before posting because i am trying to hold my frustration.. So i will answer with this..

Developers make apps for CFW not the other way around!!!

19. 15
    xFelony_Modz

At This Time Its Not Letting Me PM You But I was on 4.30.2 I then updated to the 4.41 light tried pressing x to install new toolbox and nothing happens I can delete pkg files but i'm unable to install them and if the version you have works is there a way you can send me that version I even tried going through recovery mode still nothing and cant even toggle qa to downgrade so please PM Me back or let me no what I can do to fix this thank you

20. 384
    mschumacher69

Lol exactly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.