hit tracker

Omnomnom's Tasty A-Z of mmDM Game-Running Tutorials

Discussion in 'PS3 Modding Tutorials' started by Omnomnom, Sep 10, 2012.

1. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated with Resident Evil 6. Thanks to the fixer <3

2. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated with Saints Row 3 and Dead Nation.

3. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated with Lollipop Chainsaw. Thanks unSANE!

4. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated with Dishonored. Thanks DUPLEX!

5. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated with Doom 3 BFG - thanks DUPLEX!

6. 65
    yayes

yayes Loyal Member

Can you get wanted weapon of fates Running ?
    also warrior legend of troy

tell me how you launch wolfenstein? i can't seem to get it work

7. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

I'll get around to it sometime in the next day or so :]

Also, you must have a bad rip of Wolfenstein, as my copy works fine.

Wanted: Weapons of Fate works fine, check your rip. Also, delete old trophies, gamedata, etc.

8. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated list with Motorstorm Apocalypse, Inversion, Warriors: Legends of Troy, and Rogue Warrior.

9. 65
    yayes

yayes Loyal Member

thnx for warrior legend of troy :)
    have so many bad rip on my HDD :( (accidentally formated my HDD then restore its file)

can you check rogue warrior to?
    i can play it on CFW but can't run it on MMDM
    EDIT: cut and paste all FOLDER inside USRDIR folder to BLES/BLUS Root Folder and game will boot

hope all new game get fix for 3.55 so we able to play it on DEX via lan streaming

10. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated with Sorcery - thanks DUPLEX!

11. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated with Ridge Racer Unbounded, Sleeping Dogs & XCOM - thanks DUPLEX!

12. 65
    yayes

yayes Loyal Member

request watchmen compilation :)

13. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

SOCOM is fine, I notice you edited your post.

I've updated the list with Watchmen :]

14. 65
    yayes

yayes Loyal Member

PES 2013 (bles 01709) just install this modified PKG (update patch 1.01) http://id.rghost.net/41268771 then mount game from MMDM

i can launch watchmen but not watchmen compilation

i guess you don't have this game

15. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Yeah that's the one, watchmen compilation. It's the one with both games, right?
    I tested both of them and they work fine for me :]

16. 65
    yayes

yayes Loyal Member

i guess i have a bad rip then :(

sorry

17. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

That's okay, sorry to hear your rip is busted :(

18. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

Updated with Borderlands 2 and Spec Ops: The Line - I also broke all the text formatting on the post. Oh well.

19. 10
    Nicholas

Nicholas Loyal Member

SEO
    Awesome job indeed, the tutorial is much worthy for me as I was looking after such tutorials to let me done the works perfectly. Thanks for sharing this one.

20. 87
    NeilJames

NeilJames Loyal Member

The following is confirmed working with REX 4.21 CFW in full DEX mode.

I managed to get Final Fantasy XIII-2 to work 100% from mmDM, "NO FREEZING!!! @ Slot Machines or Chocobo Racing in Serendipity." It's somewhat a simple process but explaining it can be a tad difficult.

First, I had to resign the "Original/Untouched" EBOOT.BIN and .sprx files located in, "BlUS30776\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\", with keys 3.74+ so that mmDM would not produce decryption errors upon mounting the game for DEX mode. I was only able to resign the EBOOT.BIN and .sprx files correctly after adding the new keys from "TrueAncestor EBOOT Resigner 4.1" into Aldostools "ps3tools". After the new keys are added to Aldostools "ps3tools", simply right-click on the "Original/Untouched" EBOOT.BIN and .sprx files and choose "Resign EBOOT/SELF (3.56+)". After resigning the files with proper keys, mmDM is able to mount the game flawlessly.

Next is the 1.06 UPDATE, I FTP'd into the already installed update located @ "dev_hdd0\game\BLUS30766\USRDIR\" and deleted the "N0DRM" EBOOT.BIN and .sprx files so that I can add the "Original/Untouched" files from the OFFICIAL 1.06 update. With Aldostools "ps3tools" I downloaded the OFFICIAL 1.06 update and extracted only the EBOOT.BIN and .sprx files from within the "USRDIR" folder. After extracting the files I FTP'd the .sprx files back to the "dev_hdd0\game\BLUS30766\USRDIR\" folder, untouched, no need to resign. As for the EBOOT.BIN, before FTPing it back to the PS3 I needed make it DEX compatible. With Aldostools "ps3tools" you can do this by pressing, "Ctrl+Shift+Enter" while the EBOOT.BIN is highlighted. Once the EBOOT.BIN is fixed simply FTP the EBOOT.BIN back to the PS3 located @ "dev_hdd0\game\BLUS30766\USRDIR\".

Now that all the fixes are done you can mount the game with "mmDM/ProDG TM" and run the game with no freezes! ^^

PROTIP: The EBOOT.BIN and .sprx files need to be signed with 3.74+ keys and the only way to do this with Aldostools "ps3tools" was to add the updated keys (4.30) from TrueAncestor EBOOT Resigner 4.1 into "ps3tools". That is how I managed to get this working anyway.

I understand this tut may be somewhat difficult to understand for some, so if omnomnom can simplify this tut, that'd be great. If not feel free to PM me if anyone needs help understanding the process. Hopefully Omnomnom gets what I'm saying so that he can add it to 1st page lol.

PS.

USERS on 3.55:

I have not tested this with 3.55 DEX CFW so I'm unsure if this method will work. I understand the files would have to be resigned with 3.55 keys but we already had that with the N0DRM files and that's where the freezing came from to begin with. Maybe I'll give it a shot since with REX CFW I can swap from 4.21 to 3.55 and back to 4.21 pretty fucking easy. ^^

Update:

ALDOSTOOLS has just updated his "ps3tools" so there is no need to add keys from TrueAncestor EBOOT Resigner. And we have a new version of mmDM, Thank you Aldos!