hit tracker

Open-Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by powertome, Feb 15, 2014.

1. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

Here you may post any random posts about the alien incursion, how your mom faceplanted while driving a vespa, etc...
    Just cause people get bored on this forum.

2. 724
    doodad

doodad Loyal Member

Programmer/Web developer
    Woohoo. Vespa reminds me of FLCL, which is a very awesome anime, if anyone here like that kind of thing.

I guess now weird threads are a no-go >=(

3. 55
    orcamania5

orcamania5 Loyal Member

I love travelling and I want to visit Alaska/Northern Canada someday.

4. 50
    winzentween

winzentween Loyal Member

gamer
    I am worried that forums like this will will close or atleast loose members due to the rather large wait for 2 .0 and the constant promises / teasers (which i understand but think theyd be better just saying nothing expect you will get it when its ready).

5. 724
    doodad

doodad Loyal Member

Programmer/Web developer
    I don't think it will close, but it may go totally off-topic until 2.0 is out. Maybe.

6. 60
    michyprima

michyprima Loyal Member

damn if we are bored.

random: lasagne for launch today. the real Italian ones. thanks mom.

7. 124
    myfire

myfire Loyal Member

havent touched my 3ds for about 2 weeks... been busy with real life...
    so I guess there's no use for me bitching about 2.0 final still not came out.. but still it's good to grumbled about it once in a while.. :p

8. 16
    onyxus

onyxus Loyal Member

I haven't even opened my GW3DS. Lol! It's been unopened since I got it because of the wait for 2.0 final. Who knows when it will arrive, but like myfire stated, I haven't used my 3DS it in a while. I wonder if the GW team is listening, ignoring us, or just plainly doesn't give a crap about their customers. Hah!

I guess watching Nintendo Video has been entertaining enough for me right now.
    "Dinosaur Office! Rawrr!" Lol!

Oh yeah... Go team USA! Cheers! :D

9. 8
    Masterjun

Masterjun Loyal Member

༼´◉◞౪◟◉༽ praise the almighty helix fossil! ༼´◉◞౪◟◉༽

10. 42
    asddsa1

asddsa1 Loyal Member

The helix has done naught but lead us into confusion and despair! You Zealots of the Helix have brought ill fortune on our quest! FORGET NOT THE LOSS OF ABBY AND JAY LENO! MAY THEIR MARTYRDOM REMIND US OF OUR TRUE PATH!

11. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

MT: GW, go make me a sandwich.
    GW: Why...?
    MT: Cause I'm the superior here bitch.
    GW:.... Fine...
    *on the way to the kitchen he finds a box came in*
    *opens it... *
    MT: Where is that sandwich?
    GW: *steps in with 2.0 *
    MT: FFFFFFFFF-
    GW: Go make me a sandwich. Extra suck it.

12. 724
    doodad

doodad Loyal Member

Programmer/Web developer
    Man, this thread is so random, I don't even understand anything about it D:

13. 38
    Jpwinks001

Jpwinks001 Loyal Member

Anyone a Mobile Suit Gundam fan? (UC 0079)

14. 4
    Lucky16

Lucky16 Loyal Member

Well, the Helix stuff is a reference to Twitch Plays Pokemon (http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon), in which people post inputs (A, B, or a direction) and the emulator follows them. They're doing surprisingly well considering it's like a million monkeys on typewriters trying to produce Shakespeare. Apparently cults formed when they had to choose a fossil in Mount Moon. I don't really know what's going on since I haven't been following it, but people seem to be talking about it all over the place.

15. 44
    drconan85

drconan85 Loyal Member

3ds xl battery

Hi, I have 3ds xl and I love it too much , I live in a country where no 3ds be found , I ordered mine from usa.I like to buy a spare battery and keep it in case mine is out , but I'm afraid when I need it it will be out too.So does keeping a spare battery let's say for 3 years and then use it in need make it power less or doesn't matter ?

16. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

Keeping a battery in storage at a good cold temperature will let it live long.
    You don't need a spare battery, just charge the current one over and over until it wears out.

17. 124
    myfire

myfire Loyal Member

better not.. just buy a new one when urs wears out.. there might not be the original one anymore at that time... but there should be replacement like kw or maybe double power or something like that.. or u might even decide to buy a new model or maybe just fed up and sell ur 3ds before the battery wears out..

18. 44
    drconan85

drconan85 Loyal Member

Thanks both of you , I'm sometimes get obsessive about my stuff.Because here in Iraq ,I can't get anything for my 3DS , I have to order it overseas and from amazon only.Merchants here don't buy from other online stores.

19. 89
    Commoner

Commoner Loyal Member

Since it's not really Gateway related, I decided to post on this Open Topic thread.

I printed out a couple of skins for the kiddies' 3DS XLs featuring their favorite anime characters. The final result is shown below :

3DSXL.jpg

The skin is actually laser printed onto a regular piece of paper and then simply slipped under a standard 3DS XL Protective Clear Crystal Case. Although, if you wanted to, you could use sticker paper as well if you don't like using cases.

You can download the template I made to make the print outs below. It's a zipped PSD file, so you'll need to have Photoshop to use it.

Download 3DS XL Template File

Take note that you may need to cut off the protruding top part of the skin depending on the type of crystal case you are using. I had to do so with my own print out.

Also, the holes for the cameras are much easier to just punch out with a hole puncher or binder puncher. I just used a blade to cut out the holes, but as you can see by the picture, I wasn't exactly able to do it perfectly.

Finally, the template is made to print out two separate skins just because I didn't want to waste paper.

To use the file, just unzip and open with Photoshop. Then you can just go ahead and paste whatever picture you'd like on a layer underneath template outline layers.

The PSD is in 600 dpi for optimal printout on my own printer but it should be fairly easy to adjust for your own printer.

Hope some of you find the template useful.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014
  20. 5
    c0ldfyr3

c0ldfyr3 Loyal Member

I'm going next month to Fort Elmendorf Alaska!. I love traveling as well. I'm going to be station there for about 2 years with my wife. LT of the Air Force here! :)