hit tracker

Open-Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by powertome, Feb 15, 2014.

1. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

Yet another repeated stupid question but has anyone written a straightforward guide with regards to what all needs to be done to unlink sysnand from emunand for both O3DS and N3DS? I remember this was talked about several months ago, but forgot to bookmark/save the important information. Won't be messing with this tonight or anytime this week, just would like to have the information by the time I get back from my trip so I can take care of that then.

2. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Lol. Its easy. Take out the big sd card. Perform system format.

3. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

Nothing to worry about regarding the NNID, nor having to re-install anything? If not, then yeah, I can see why no one has made an in-depth guide about this.

4. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  5. 15
    CherryMoon

CherryMoon Loyal Member

Boot Gateway Mode on 9.7 Emunand without Internet?

Hi. I know this question may have been asked here a couple of times, but I can't seem to find this one.

so is there a complete guide on how to boot to Gateway mode on a 9.7 EmuNAND without having to connect on the internet?

I tried the app on the Playstore (the 3ds X-Loader) but it doesn't work. It keeps on giving me a communication error.

6. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

As long as you have emunand all your stuff will be there. Emunand is a 1:1 copy of sysnand. So if you pull the big sd card the system format cant erase it. It will erase everything on sysnand but thats why you keep a copy of it and emunand.

7. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    Try this one. Also, make sure your 3G/4G/Mobile Data is turned off, otherwise Android will skip the local server and won't send the exploit trigger to the 3DS.

8. 15
    CherryMoon

CherryMoon Loyal Member

I tried using the Go Gateway app but it still gives me a "Communication error" message even if the 3G/4G/Mobile Data is off.

But the thing is, whenever I scanned the QR code, it asks me to turn on the wifi of my 3ds. At that time, the wifi connection in my house is turned on. Does this mean that this app only works on areas without internet connection so that the 3ds only grabs the local server from my phone?

Edit: I tried deleting the Internet connection profile on my 3ds so that it won't connect to the wifi in my house, but unfortunately, it is still giving me the "Communication error". :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
  9. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    Uhm, are your Emunand and Sysnand unlinked? If they are, I suggest you to just erase the internet entries with actual access from the Sysnand, it just does no good to have any of the sort in it.

If you don't know how to unlink the NANDs (it means Emunand changes will never carry over to the Sysnand and vice-versa), just format the Sysnand on the "System Settings -> Other Settings -> Format System Memory". Just a fair warning: this erases EVERYTHING on your Sysnand.

If you don't want to unlink the NANDs, get the Android hotspot as the Connection 1 entry of the 3DS, the goddamn console goes "Connection 1 -> 2 -> 3" and picks and uses whichever it connects to first and simply ignores the rest. If I'm not mistaken, you could change that Connection 1 on Emunand later to your house wifi without it overplacing the hotspot on the Sysnand too, but don't take my word as the truth, I don't really remember if this actually happens.

CherryMoon likes this.
  10. 15
    CherryMoon

CherryMoon Loyal Member

I formatted my SysNAND without the SD Card, does that unlink my SysNAND now from my EmuNAND?

Then I deleted the internet profiles on my SysNAND, and when I try to create an internet profile with the "attwifi" that was made by the hotspot on my phone, it always fails the connection test. How do I make this attwifi profile work?

11. 3
    Dacvak

Dacvak Loyal Member

Hi guys. I have a N3DS at 9.0.0-20U. I'm currently trying to install the Gateway boot method that allows you to boot without Cubic Ninja. (The one where you can boot from NDS Profile Settings.)

For some reason, even after following the directions to a T, it simply won't work. After I've installed the NVRAM thing and imported the mset_USA.cia file via DevMenu, the system won't boot from the Profile Settings, and instead just functions as normal, allowing me to edit the settings. (For comparison, I have a 3DS at 4.5 that boots from NDS Profile, so I know it's not working on my N3DS.)

Is there something specifically wrong with my N3DS, or is this a known bug? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this is a dumb question.

12. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    It's enough to post it once. Furthermore, you should open your own topic for problems like this instead of using unrelated threads. But this time, you fortunately already got an answer by another member :)

13. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

So......... who is playing witcher 3 and loving it?

14. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    *raises hand*

15. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Game of the year or what right?

16. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    It definitely feels like it. I am just like "Oh, I could play one hour before I go to bed". And five hours later I think, damn, only 3 hours left until I have to wake up. It's just so great and such a detailed world that you totally forget the real time and anything around you. The Witcher 3 is like the fantasy RPG I never got before :)

Now I only wait for Star Citizen to appear and I have both: Fantasy RPG, Sci-Fi RPG. You will totally forget about my name when I don't have time for anything but the two games :D

17. 129
    Quantumcat

Quantumcat Loyal Member

SAP developer, moonlighting as maths tutor
    Was MaxConsole down for about two days? I tried on my laptop and on my phone and both said page not found. Just started working again?

18. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

They have been suffering from ddos attacks for about a week now.

Yea i play this game and im like oh ill only play two or three hours at like 11 pm my time when i look at the clock its like 4 am and im like shit.... gonna get it from the wife. Ive played games where ive gotten lost in them before but nothing like this one. So anybody wondering if they game is worth it... the witcher 3 is fantastic 10 out of 10 in my honest opinion. I would have bought a ps4 just for this game.

Makikatze if youre playing on the ps4 add me ASSASSINMORIDIN. If not oh well lol. Just let me know who you are in the request if so. I dont add people i dont know. Mostly because the ones i have turn out to be twerps and douchebags

19. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Unfortunately, I don't have a PS4, but I have an Xbone. But thanks for the invite. I would totally add you as well if I could and I also don't add people I don't know :)

Well, at some point in the future, I will buy a PS4 again (I always start with Xbox and then buy a PS4 afterwards when my financial situation allows it).

20. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Ps4 is the superior system imo. Dont get me wrong the xbone is a really good machine almost as good in fact. With some games its better actually. But the only real things the xbone has going for it that would make me consider it is that it might be getting silent hills as an exclusive and something else but i forgot what it was right before i typed silent hills. Ive always been a playstayion fanboy but there have been some really good xbox games that i wish ps would have gotten. I hate that there are exclusives but they are competing.