hit tracker

Open-Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by powertome, Feb 15, 2014.

1. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Whenever you are down a bit, try to watch one of his videos. He cheers you up just because he's there. I can only recommend him :)

2. 12
    luibee

luibee Loyal Member

Will gateway be able to support the upcoming game Yokai Watch usa?

3. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Gateway has no known limitations of any game for the 3DS that's out there (although there is one update we cannot use for now, it's the update to the game The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth which is N3DS only. There won't be any 3DS games that also work with the O3DS that will have any problems).

4. 1,636
    Ronhero

Ronhero Loyal Member

I'm going to write a guide for the following soon:

9.0-9.2 setup of the n3ds without cn or oot
    8.1j to 9.1 j n3ds update
    7.x - 9.2 browser update for US / EUR o3ds consoles with -0 browser

lemanuel likes this.
  5. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    DSTWO PLUS officially announced (looks like it will emulate the GATEWAY card and additionally provide the already known functions it did before): http://eng.supercard.sc/

6. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Yeah. Just a GW clone + DS flashcart in one. Not worthy enough to spend money on it altho I know there will be people buying it just because of the brand.

7. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Yes, it definitely seems like it will just be a clone, but having everything in one card is a nice thing (you don't need to switch to another card anymore), but as it's just a clone, it's not worthy, you are right.

Support the innovators not the imitators!

8. 3,760
    lemanuel

Well.. not only cuz of that. It's just that it's easier and less expensive to just use a CFW and then buy a cheap DS flashcart.

9. 639
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Don't hate just because it's a clone... It's worth it on its DS merits alone. There was no better DS flash art than the DStwo. Period. And this card improves upon that. If the GW blue card is all you have for DS games, this thing is MORE than worth it!

10. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Yes, the DSTWO is the best DS card, but if it's only cloning GATEWAY functionality, it's still poor. Yes, the combination of 3DS and NDS is great, but if they clone GATEWAY functionality and you are supporting this instead of the original GATEWAY, neither GATEWAY will improve anymore nor DSTWO will, as GATEWAY lacks money for development. They should partner up or implement their own 3DS emulation.

11. 3,760
    lemanuel

As I said, the reason for my statement is that if you're above 9.2, it's cheaper to just get a regular DSTWO since it will basically be the same as the new one.
    And if you're 9.2 or below, it's cheaper to use a CFW and a regular DSTWO or any other DS flashcart since DSTWO merits were also mainly because of its emulation features which are starting to get old now that there are viable alternatives on the 3DS homebrew.

12. 639
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

This is a Gateway support forum, so the vast majority of people here do, and already have supported Gateway, so you're preaching to the choir. People here that don't own one are either trolls or just strange...

Again, there are improvements that you can't get via homebrew. No homebrew runs Golden Sun perfectly, for instance. Nor does it provide hardware acceleration.

Any problems the Gateway team has selling their product is their own fault at this point. There is currently little it can do that free CFW can't. They need to figure out 9.6+ N3DS encryption already. They need to stop worrying about cheat engine compatibility and release their own solution already (realizing that they don't need to do the work. Many talented DEVs in the homebrew scene would probably create code converters fairly quickly). They need to be dicks and require the red card to be in, just to load the menu; not simply to start GW mode...

Edit: That last thing is hind-sight, actually. It would do no good now since the functionality that non owners need (game save dumping/injection, emunand formatting, nand dumping/flashing, and downgrading) can already be used with the current software. So the cat is already out of the bag...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  13. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
  14. 12
    luibee

luibee Loyal Member

Is there a way to play snes and ds games with gateway? My system is n3ds xl fw 9.0.
    If yes, please give me the link to it. Thank you

15. 639
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

16. 54
    eightball

eightball Loyal Member

10.2.0-28 is out do not update gateway !!!!!

17. 3,760
    lemanuel

already been said. And why not? As far I saw, reports say GW works fine with 10.2 emunand

18. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    The new Guitar Hero Live is out today and I already played a bunch of songs. It's just amazing and it really feels even better than the old ones.

19. 12
    luibee

luibee Loyal Member

Hi guys. Please help me playing DS games with the blue card.
    I enter something so called "deep babyrynth" and I got an error saying "can not open ds_menu.dat".
    I assume I didnt have this file on my mSD card. Where can I find it? and do I need any other files?
    Thank you.

ps: Im using n3ds fw 9.0U. I play 3ds roms with red card normally.

20. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    It's in the "Blue Card (R4i)" folder in the Gateway package.