hit tracker

Opinion: Banned Xbox 360's means the rise of the PS3?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 16, 2009.

By Zeus on Nov 16, 2009 at 12:26 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    A technology editor at Cnet ponders whether banned Xbox 360's mean the rise of the PS3? And it looks like this is indeed happening. His perspective is coming in from Indonesia but it's arguably even more relevant to this side of the world as well.

<blockquote>The only way to get an official and potentially non-banned console would be to handcarry it from Singapore (which can bring on other issues, especially with customs).

So who might be the winners here? Interestingly enough, it could be the PS3. Despite Indonesia's rampant software piracy, Sony a few months back officially launched the PSP Slim and the PS3 to the Indonesian market. Thus, gamers can officially buy the console and games locally, which is probably helped by the fact that the PS3 is one of the harder consoles to mod (or crack).

Plus, Modern Warfare 2 is also available on the PS3. Price-wise, the console is slightly more expensive and the games must all be "oris" or originals that follow the US pricing (which annoys many gamers who wonder why brands never offer "local" rates in line with the market).

What to do? I am sure many Indonesians would gladly pay original game prices to play online. Besides, we have a pretty large market, too... much larger than Singapore, which amazingly is a pretty Xbox-heavy place. So will Sony win here in Indonesia?

Tell you after I buy one of the two...</blockquote>

News Source: <a href="http://asia.cnet.com/blogs/digerati-indonesia/post.htm?id=63014890&scid=rvhm_ms" target="_blank">CNET</a>

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 16, 2009.

1. 0
      nivalis

nivalis Guest

Yes, because piracy is going to be the savior of the 360, right.
      And the numbers i posted are to state that the 360 is infact going to suffer due to the piracy rampant on it, despite the nay sayers, wether you like it or not, piracy is not possible on the PS3, and it has an all together MUCH better track record for being the more reliable of the two, BY FAR, it doesn't take a PHD to realize that sooner or later the reliability and rampant piracy on the 360 is going to be it's achilles heel.

Have fun with your banned console.

As far as i'm concerned, when someone who makes a tidy profit off of modding consoles for people posts about having had enough of microsofts shoddy build quality, and enjoying the ps3, you know things have started to go downhill for the 'mighty 360'.
      Yes, it's mighty, mighty crap.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
    2. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

lool, agreed.

i still don't have 90 backups, but i'm getting there.

paying full price for every new game is just something i'll never do, (not to mention very few games even being worth it), an for those that do throw away 65+ for every new game, just complete idiots, but without them there would be no games i guess, so gotta give em credit for being idiots.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
    3. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      i think its down to the fact that this time the banwave is not just banning you from live but screwing up your profile, killing savegames and any paid for dlc effectively rendering the newly banned 360 useless, since users are going to have to buy a new console AND buy their games from now on the "advantage" of being able to pirate games is lost add that to a dislike of ms generally and a degree of annoyance at not just the ban (deserved) but the offline damage caused (not deserved) and you can see why someone would decide to switch to the ps3 after all you are only switching from one semi hd fps machine to another its just the other has wifi as standard and offers reasonably priced hd space

4. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Basically they just made it a pain in the ass for those that want to continue to pirate...you can take the drive put it on a non-modded console, format and then recover the gamertag...then redownload all the purchased content...bascially what you are loosing is any progress made while pirating.

5. 8,169
      msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

There's no question that the level of reverence some have for their consoles is enough to start their own religious cult, and that should they feel betrayed by their almighty console their hate might be equally as strong.... but.... is it enough for them to drop $300 on a new system? I believe they will say anything, but I highly doubt that their hate/love is enough to spend $300, and start to buy games now.

6. 300
      technolust

technolust Loyal Member

that is fraud and i have informed all the staff on the entertaiment counter at the asda store where i work about this little trick, that stupid little pricks try. it wont be long before all the stores know about this. and i hope any one who trys it gets what they deserve.