hit tracker

Pachter: Nintendo NX “Dead In The Water” Priced At $399

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 15, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Sep 15, 2016 at 10:08 PM
  1. 25,271
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Earlier we reported on what Pachter thought about Scorpio prices, now here is his thoughts on the NX!

Outspoken Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter is back, this time with a warning relating to the Nintendo NX price point.

[​IMG]

The console wars are on full force, more so now then it was back 3 years ago when PS4 and XB1 launched, now we have the PS4 NEO, the PS4 SLIM, the XBOX ONE S (slim), and the upcoming Xbox One Scorpio, not to mention the amazing third-wheel joining into the battle of the new generation of consoles with Nintendo NX and their mystery box that so far seems to be hybrid of both handheld, tablet, mobile, console all in one, will it fly or not, but the biggest problem that world-famous analyst Pachter sees is the price point!

So what do you think big 'N' will be able to get away with in 'pricing' for their NX?

Hopefully they will remember the PR disaster they had when they first launched the Nintendo 3DS, forcing themselves to greatly slash the starting price, before it started moving off the retail store shelves.

NEWS SOURCE: Pachter: Nintendo NX “Dead In The Water” Priced At $399 (via) NintendoInsider

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 15, 2016.

1. 6,626
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

While I agree the price and third party support could be an issue, I don't think the docking station will be the consoles biggest issue in terms of marketing.

This does actually bring up a good potential issue, if it has a touch screen this could cause issues for devs who have to struggle between a console with a touch screen that can't always be used like with the Wii U.

Unless they plan on including a Wii style sensor to allow limited imitation of touch.

2. 814
      dwrecording

dwrecording Loyal Member

I just do not see this doing very well. Buy the time it comes out the Neo and Scorpio will be out and the ONE and first PS4 will be going for $180-200. If I was a mom or a kid I would pic one of these. But If it did true 4K and had a BR4k player it might sell very well at $400.

3. 5,605
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      If NX cost 40 bucks, you also know it will have more power than PS4.
      Personally i think it will be a 300 box.

BTW: There is no official price on NX yet. Reveal should be in october at latest.