hit tracker

PKG install on 4.70 OFW?

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by Shicam, Apr 21, 2015.

1. 168
    Shicam

Shicam Loyal Member

Hi people,

is there any way to install pkg on PS3 with the latest 4.70 OFW?
    Basically I am asking for the super slim ps3 when only games with update are working.

2. 104
    enosrasun

enosrasun Loyal Member

if the .pkg are retail (that means from sony and sign by sony ) you can install them if not ,you can't install

3. 168
    Shicam

Shicam Loyal Member

thanks for answering, but I knew that :)

What I want to know is it possible with some other method, since on 4.70 the multiman, sonicman and other apps does not work?

4. 81
    paperworld

paperworld Loyal Member

hi!
    multiman or sonicman manager are alway's working under 4.70 ofw...no launching problem for me.

5. 168
    Shicam

Shicam Loyal Member

Thanks, I have to check it.
    I was thinking that they will not work since only games with update are working on my model of super slim.

6. 81
    paperworld

paperworld Loyal Member

ok!! it's sad...
    I launch sonicman in "homebrew" mode in the cobra.cfg, to make it fully work,
    manager.type=homebrew
    are you launching the manager like this?
    is it possible to install sonicman hdd files with ps3xport???
    if your ps3 hdd is not full of data files...a test can be made quickly.

Shicam likes this.
  7. 168
    Shicam

Shicam Loyal Member

Thanks for tips!
    When I get back home I will try to put it like manager.type=homebrew if it does not work like game ISO.

I tried and like normal ISO game and like manager.type=homebrew but with no luck!!!

So the homebrews does not work on 4.70 OFW on super slim CECH-4004A

And my hdd is full so it I cant do it with ps3export.
    I really hope that Cobra Team is working on solution :)

Does anybody knows is it possible to install PKG in my situation?

8. 947
    DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

What kind of PKG are we talking about?

PKG homebrew? Then you need to convert them to ISO and mount them using Cobra Browser or Cobra Manager like any other game. Only a handful of homebrew works though... SonicMAN is the alternative to multiMAN. It was designed specifically for ODE usage, and even comes pre-packaged as ISO.

PKG PSN games? Ps3Xport is the only way to install to install stuff to /dev_hdd0/home, since only /dev_hdd0/game can be accessed on OFW. Some PSN games work if you convert them to ISO, some need partial installs to /dev_hdd0/game, and some don't work at all since they require .rap files, proofs of purchase.

PKG DLC and game updates? You can use the "PS3_EXTRA" method using IDC (install disc creator, get it from here). But only if they were signed by Sony. DLCs that are in re-packaged PKG (i.e. debug PKGs), won't install. You'll need to extract those on the PC using PKGView 1.3 or similar, copy them to a FAT32 formatted USB stick, plug that USB stick in the front USB ports on the PS3 and then use SonicMAN (or Comgenie's Awesome Filemanager, multiMAN, etc) to manually transfer them from the USB stick to /dev_hdd0/game.

9. 168
    Shicam

Shicam Loyal Member

I want to instal PKG DLC, but the hombrew apps dont work on 4.70, also games without update does not work, so I cant start Sonicman or multiman, error 80.....17.
    Will the IDC method work if I want to instal PKG DLC +Crack DLC?

10. 947
    DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

No.

Those silly crack or "fix" files are debug packages, that install just fine on CFW, but not on OFW. Plus, many contain .edat files that need to be copied to /dev_hdd0/home, which again, you don't have access to (except with Ps3Xploit).

As for installing DLC with IDC, depends. Works if it was signed by Sony (i.e. "official" PKGs), doesn't if it was repackaged as PKG by anyone else. You need to extract those on the PC and manually transfer them from the front USB ports on the PS3 using SonicMAN. To start SonicMAN on 4.70 I think you need to update your swap disc... but I don't know; I'm on 4.53 where it's nice and comfortable.

11. 168
    Shicam

Shicam Loyal Member

I know that we dont have access to /dev_hdd0/home , I want to instal DLC that is offical, but also I need the Crack DLC or in this case FIX DLC.
    About SonicMAN on 4.70 I dont think that simple update of the swap disc will work.... If anybody on 4.70 can confirm this?

12. 9
    hajisubur

hajisubur BANNED FOREVER

nice information
    thanks all
    [​IMG]