hit tracker

Play Ps2 games installed to external usb device ..

Discussion in 'PS3 Modding Tutorials' started by acab, Mar 26, 2013.

1. 69
    acab

acab Loyal Member

Hey guys,
    here is what i did to play a ps2 game from an external usb device

1) Update MM to the latest build
    2) Download and install gamedata5 via MM
    3) Download and install react psn (or use aldos tools rap2rif to activate your raps)
    4) For react psn create a folder called "exdata" in the root dir of a fat32 usb device and put the rap file in there
    5) Create a user profile called "aa" and execute react psn from there, while keeping X button pressed ..
    5a) If you already converted your rap files to rif just copy them to the exdata folder of your user profile (devhdd0/home/user/00000000..X/exdata)
    6) Now execute gamedata5 to get into [usb] mode and install the ps2 game pkg via "install package files"
    7) Now start the game in [usb] mode from xmb (playstation 2 folder)
    8) profit xxx

tested with dirt track devils and a few other games ..

2. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

I tested this about 3 days ago and got a black screen on the game I tested. So this is a per game compatibility, thus a compatibility list should be made.

3. 25
    rocknard

rocknard Loyal Member

Thanks but i have one little question. If i convert .rap to rif, would i need reactpsn too? or is this only for evade the "activation" with reactpsn (execute i say)???

thx for tutorial.

PD: I never used reactpsn, so i investigated not much

4. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    If you use rap2rif, then there's no need to use reactPSN - just copy the RIF over to your PS3 but for compatibility reasons I suggest reactPSN over rap2rif as the latter sometimes fails to make RIFs from RAPs properly.

5. 19
    blazedhobo

blazedhobo Loyal Member

did you REALLY test some games? you're the only person i've seen say they work, and i'm sure many others, including myself, have tried.

6. 1,232
    Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

What about PKG's creating iso's over 4Gig? I see many problems happening with this, I haven't tried though so good luck for those who are.