hit tracker

PLEASE READ: Clock Problem (Boot Loop)

Discussion in 'Xbox Retro Hacking / Mods & General Discussion' started by AlcoholFuelled, Aug 13, 2003.

1. 0
    AlcoholFuelled

AlcoholFuelled Guest

The reboot problem or 'boot loop' is a KNOWN problem with the Soft Mod procedure. At this time there is currently NO known fix.

Contrary to what a lot of people may tell you it is NOT anything to do with the Phoenix Loader files BUT to do with the Fonts files (ernie and bert, or alternatives).

While it seems that everyone has a 'fix' or a 'method' for stopping this boot problem, I will tell you right now that this is NOT the case. Again there is NO fix.

It is generally caused by disconnecting the Xbox from a power souce for a long period of time (generally 45mins+).

The only way to recover from this loop unfortunatly is to allow the Xbox to keep rebooting over and over agian untill it loads the dash.

While there is not a fix, it does appear that certain Xboxs have a 'ressistance' to it so to speak and never seem to have any problem apart from a changed clock. This does not mean the problem isnt there. Different Xboxs work better with different font releases (bigfonts, reloaded) but while you may want to try these, there is no promise that it will have any effect.

Cheers
    AlcoholFuelled

2. 0
    keldog

keldog Guest

Thankz AlcoholFuelled! This clears alot of my confusion. And thankz for all the work you guys have done on this!

A question:
    I've got a box stuck in the loop and I've let it run 3 different times for 6-8 hours. Each time it gets the blank screen and the red/green blink, but hasn't ever kicked into the dash. Is it likely that it never will?

3. 0
    NeroWolf

NeroWolf Guest

I have the boot-loop problem as well. However, I booted it earlier this morning and it started right up. Went directly to the Phoenix dash, and had no problems playing one game of Halo before I left for class. I got back and went to play again (it had been plugged in this WHOLE TIME), and it went back into the loop. No idea how to fix this either... maybe solder a clock-battery onto the board?

-Nero

4. 0
    Q-Bert

Q-Bert Guest

YEP thats the problem am having :( so its oput the box and ill see if it restart again :D so ill loave it till morning and if it still wont play ball its going bak to the shop for its replacement

5. 1,508
    lenselijer

lenselijer Loyal Member

try to connect your xbox direct to your cable modem by using an utp cable. Then let it boot. It boots for me after 2 tries :)

6. 0
    keldog

keldog Guest

Gave up and took it back for replacement...

7. 17
    vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    I believe the bootup problem is due to the xboxdash.xbe rather than the fonts, because if you have a modded xbox, you can edit the xboxdash.xbe in C too look for XFT rather than XTF..but for the softmod..it won't matter because you cannot make any changes to the original EVEN IF YOU RESIGN.

8. 236
    BigGanja

BigGanja Loyal Member

Hacking my XbloxX
    Home Page:
    I did Xploit for a friend of mine

He got Reset loops , After plugging in Eternet cable it works

but then it will reoccur AGAIN, when cable is NOT present

What causes this i tell ya all now

U R swapping around the .XFT so the MSDash that looks for them cannot see them Right and resulting in the dash not working

So if ya do an Xploit at all make sure MSDash i up and running then u WONT run into them problems at all

thought i would mention tho' When i get this FAR WITH a WORKING Xploit, my suggestion is, u cannot use XBox LIVE anyhow Flash the TSOP and install Slayers, or simular or put Everything BACK to orignal state ADDIND EvoXdash.xbe and evox.ini, then u will ALWAYS be modded up, with BOTH EVO-X and MSDash

this way runs perfect and Console acts like it has a REAL chip inside, If ya too cheap/Lazy or cannot solder a chip inside ur system this i would reccomend is DEFINATLY the way to go

DO NOT USE AUDIO XPLOIT EITHER, I HAVE FOUND A FLAW WITH THIS ALSO !!! PLZ READ OTHER THREAD

9. 0
    MonkeyInABox

MonkeyInABox Guest

can this be done using the action replay option shown in the pheonix loader tutorial and if so at what point would you do this?

if following the tutorial, at what point would you do this?

Ganja, I think it would be excellent if you would amend said tutorial with this info you put in this topic, but have it more indepth like which step to do these actions and go into more detail about how you do them.

:cool:

10. 236
    BigGanja

BigGanja Loyal Member

Hacking my XbloxX
    Home Page:
    ok i would be happy to

MODS what ya think ?!

11. 0
    AlcoholFuelled

AlcoholFuelled Guest

One step ahead of you ganja. I have been working on and off for a tutorial regarding TSOP flashing. I have had to retake a few pictures and stuff so it is taking longer than I intended but it IS coming.

MonkeyInABox, the process for doing a TSOP flash is not really related to my Phoenix tutorial so it will be an entirly different one.

12. 0
    MariTrunks

MariTrunks Guest

Yes, plugging in the network cable from your PC to your XBOX can stop resetloop. And once its stops you can remove the exploit and install the audio exploit which Ima using now :) All you need is a regular audio CD to boot into EVOX and play emus or Pirated games :)

13. 0
    deejvc

deejvc Guest

having this problem also, what do i do?

14. 0
    polyqueen

polyqueen Guest

I know this might sound simple, and I'm definately not a programmer, but if the loop is caused by the clock wanting to be set, why doesn't someone make a dashboard that will be able to set the reset clock? Sounds like an easy way to get out of it. I mean, that's the reason that the clock wants to boot to the MSDash right? To be set?

15. 17
    vintage_guitar

vintage_guitar Loyal Member

Home Page:
    don't post nonsense, this helps maybe 30% of the people (plugging in network cable)

16. 15
    guysurf

guysurf Loyal Member

Home Page:
    UDE fellas......the forum died huh??

17. 0
    s0ftm0d

s0ftm0d Guest

Yeah, check out ltools for UDE or UDE2. Both of the softmods will not have the clockloop problem no matter how long you keep the box unplugged. I've left my box unplugged for a week, pluged her in and played right away. The softmod allows you to set the clock instead of going into the loop.

18. 0
    starbuck

starbuck Guest

Hello

This is my first post but I have seen this several times b4 and would like to contribute:

http://www.xbox-linux.org/Clock_Loop_Problem_HOWTO

Ideally, what you are trying to do is to change the timings of the start-up sequence by milliseconds, this can be done by the DVD drive trying to mount a poor quality CD, A ethernet connection talking to a router etc.

Read the above HOW TO and this should fix your problem

Starbuck

19. 0
    twmastertw

twmastertw Guest

ok hey i got a question not about this thread how do you download trainers from this messed up downloads place

20. 0
    itsbmw

itsbmw Guest

that used to happen to me after i modded friends boxes

this was happening to me after i would mod a friends xbox all u do is change the year by like 2 years and itll leave you alone :):eek: