hit tracker

Pokemon Sun and Moon Issues

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by powertome, Jan 3, 2017.

?

Is your current solution of playing Sun and Moon working for you?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

Please post all Sun and Moon related issues here, until Gateway or a third party finds a reliable solution.

I can currently play Sun and Moon on my Gateway System, running the latest Gateway build and emunand.

2. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

For starters, please attempt to patch any roms with your personal header data using the following data format. (You may extract the header from any game that can access Nintendo's online servers, excluding their DLC database.)

http://scene.releases.free.fr/tools/download.php?dl=GRP_v1.2

The program will warn you if the rom requires modification, and I suggest you follow it's suggestions.

3. 37
    ILuvChinpokomon

ILuvChinpokomon Loyal Member

The new Pokebank update does not recognize Sun and Moon in emunand, or any Gen 6 Pokemon games now either. We get this error message: "could not find saved data for a game that is compatible"

4. 357
    Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

and we are STILL waiting for Gateway to fix this issue

5. 37
    ILuvChinpokomon

Fix it? They haven't even acknowledged they are AWARE of it yet.....:(

6. 37
    ILuvChinpokomon

Ok so i found a fix! If you install NTR CFW to your emunand it works! You have to download the ntr.bin and BootNTR.cia to the root of your SD Card, then use something like BigBlueMenu to install it. After you install it boot Pokebank and it should work.

7. 2
    Suckish Noob

Suckish Noob Loyal Member

I can't say anything about PokeBank.
    But I can run both Sun and Moon installed as CIA files on SYSNAND and EMUNAND (both tested, both work).

If it's worth anything, I'm running a n3ds with latest firmware a9lh (Plailect's guide), and latest firmware on EMUNAND.

8. 25,174
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    That is not true, they posted back on Dec. 14th a temp fix workaround for it, which was of course before the new Pokebank issues: