hit tracker

Problems updating EmuNAND to latest version

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by CDerick, Jan 10, 2015.

1. 4
    CDerick

CDerick Loyal Member

Hello, I've got a problem with updating the EmuNAND on my 3ds and despite my efforts at trying to find a solution it seems to only be happening to me at the moment (at least as far as I know).

Here is a video showing the problem I'm going through.

I have also tried a regular SD, but with no luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
  2. 1,636
    Ronhero

Ronhero Loyal Member

You have to goto the format emunand option before you can boot into gateway mode and update.

Its the second to last option on the gw menu after you let go of L to boot into the GW launcher

3. 4
    CDerick

CDerick Loyal Member

I have done that already, I didn't show it earlier on because it takes a while. But it has been formatted properly if you see in the begining of the video (Renamed SD card, 1GB missing). I have also tried formatting it a few times now and it still doesn't fix it.

4. 400
    joedogg

joedogg Loyal Member

5. 4
    CDerick

CDerick Loyal Member

Formatted the SD card using SDFormaterv4. Afterwards I put the launcher.dat back onto the SD and ran the Gateway Exploit. Then I used the Format EmuNAND option, after which I booted into Gateway Mode. I then went to settings and saw that my version was GW3D 7.2.0-12U. I went to update and then after a few minutes of it waiting on the download screen it stopped and popped up with that error again.

6. 49
    Soulgain

Soulgain Loyal Member

If you've managed to get any fraction of the update partially downloaded then stopped at random portions each time, you might wanna test if your wifi cuts off if you've got a smartphone using wifi and browsing for maybe 10 minutes and check if your wifi connection gets cut randomly. The update needs constant connection for it to finish.

7. 4
    CDerick

CDerick Loyal Member

Alright, managed to make it work after Soulgain mentioned my wireless. It had nothing to do with cutting out as far as I can tell, but it might have to do with using Wireless Protection Setup (WPS Button) or with there being a parental password on the SystemNAND (I was using it to make sure I didn't accidentally update). Anyhow thanks for all the help!