hit tracker

PS Vita TV device revealed

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 9, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Sep 9, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  1. 25,653
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Launches 14th November for $100

A new mini-console that brings, PS4 remote play, video and Vita games to your TV

[​IMG]

Hot news we have here. Alongside with the PS Vita 2000, Sony has revealed a new mini-vita console called PS Vita TV. The devices, which is similar in shape to the Apple TV is capable deliver video contents, play Vita games and act as a PS4 remote controller/receiver. The best part is that it supports PS3 (And we expect PS4) controllers to be paired with it to play all those games (Vita's included).

It will hit shelves on November 14th for just $100 or bundled with a controller and memory card for $150

You have a video of it below.

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for this news item!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Sep 9, 2013.

1. 1,327
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

Now that is something that I could almost see myself purchasing...lol

2. 891
      Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
      It looks interesting, I have a Vita myself, but it'd be pretty awesome, being able to plug in Persona 4 Golden into a box and enjoy it on the big screen.

3. 1,327
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

$100 Vita that plays on my TV that I can use my ps3 controller with and have some sort of TV service? That's one heck of a deal, IMO

4. 25,653
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Initial list of PS Vita TV compatible games revealed plus 'A Day With PlayStation'

Rayman Origins, Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD, and more...
      Plus Sony releases 'A Day With PlayStation' trailer

Sony has released an initial list of games that will be compatible with the PlayStation Vita TV micro-console.
      And take a look at the final trailer from SCEJA's press conference today, highlighting the connectivity between the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Vita TV, plus other social features.

[​IMG]

The list provided by SCEJA includes games like Rayman Origins, Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD Remastered, and the upcoming Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Here are the most notable ones:

You can check out the full list (in Japanese) HERE.

Sony said today that PlayStation Vita TV will eventually offer a game library of 1,300 titles released for the PS Vita, PSP and the original PlayStation. Furthermore, the micro-console will also work as a Remote Play Hub for owners of PS4.

Vita TV will cost 9,480 yen (£61 / $95), or 9,954 yen (£64 / $100 USD) with tax. The device will also be available for 14,980 yen (£96 / $151) bundled with a DualShock 3 controller and an 8GB memory card.

And SCEJA concluded its 2013 press conference with a trailer dedicated to the PlayStation family.

This one is pretty cool, and showcases an "ideal day" with PS4, PS Vita and PS Vita TV from morning to evening...

You can watch it below!

NEWS SOURCE #1: Initial list of PS Vita TV compatible games revealed (via) CVG
      NEWS SOURCE #2: Sony lists PS Vita TV compatible Vita games (via) MCV UK
      NEWS SOURCE #3: PS4 and PS Vita get a trailer shows a day with Playstation and social features (via) DualShockers
      NEWS SOURCE #4: Watch Sony's excellent A Day With Playstation 4 trailer (via) CraveOnline

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news update!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    5. 306
      aldostools

aldostools Developer

Good move from Sony! They need to innovate and release cheaper alternatives to boost the sales of the software of their epic fail VITA.

6. 25,653
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Well sadly so far it is only launching in Japan.

But sales look like it will high, as it is already sold-out on Amazon Japan, both the more costly value pack with the controller, and standalone (no controller) versions.

Hopefully if sales are strong in Japan, they will release it for other markets.

7. 891
      Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
      I'd order one, and the fact you can use it to ad-hoc multiplayer, means that I have a chance to play some of the multiplayer vita games.

Sony recently has been slowly gaining back some confidence from me.

8. 561
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

Yeah it looks pretty good. $100 dollars seems like a great deal.

9. 777
      TomatOsaUce

TomatOsaUce Ex-Convict Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://exconvict.org
      Seems like Sony have somewhat finally grown a brain!
      Now if only they would wake up and see that a portable device that is solely for gaming is going to die (unless they change theyre name to Nintendo) and make the next "Vita" a phone/tablet type device then they might see some big $$s