hit tracker

PS3 as hackable as the Wii now claim notorious hackers

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by jamsplodge, Dec 29, 2010.

1. 0
    jamsplodge

jamsplodge Guest

2. 3,798
    iLLNESS

iLLNESS Loyal Member

HV Industrial Electrician, Mechanic + Emergency Re
    finally watched the presentation. was amusing :)

but definately some big big news for the ps3 scene. i think its truely game over for sony. im betting sony resorts to bans now and using the american courts to fight it.

3. 0
    jamsplodge

jamsplodge Guest

Haven't Sony been doing that on the PSP for years now?

4. 2,115
    dsav

dsav Loyal Member

ps3 cfw hopefully is on the way, or any other method that will let u run new games without a hitch.

good things come to those who wait.

:cool:

5. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

They did it on PSP? I was playing countless pirated games online (MGS: Portable Ops being my personal favourite!), and I never knew that, lol.

6. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    once again your utter stupidity exceeds my expectations.

if you can run signed code you can fu*k with any part of the system and along with it any data sent to sony, so you'll be able to pirate away, iso's and who knows maybe burned br games as well, not only that but everyone will get to play with other os, be able to get their download content working (even if not paid for), ps2 compatibility will be restored along with region free and backup discs / iso's.

online gaming of pirated games isnt going to be stopped on pos3 now any more than on the wii.

oh happy day

7. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

Bolded the part that won't happen, despite what people may think, more modern ps3 consoles really are missing the actual hardware needed for this.

8. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:

did you watch them explaining just how the security system worked? it may surprise you to learn that its different to the xbox, and upto now sony havent even banned cheats or anyone using jailbreak. so yes, i really think that sony wont be able to track pirates, just like the wii which is what the ps3 has now become, a completely open system, maybe you forgot that ms couldnt ban pirates on the old xbox either thats why the online security was improved for the 360.

its funny that the 360 is now the least hacked machine (other than a jtagged one)

9. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

PS2 back up loading would be a nice hack. Probably the most used one by myself to be honest. That and some homebrew would be nice :)

A nicer SNES Emulator (yes I know there already is one but it could use a little polishing)

10. 0
    jamsplodge

jamsplodge Guest

I meant Sony let people play their pirates on the PSP. I just read it again. I thought maybe I'd written it in a strange way or something....

11. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    i'd take multi region ps1 / ps2 over iso as i have loads of us / jap games i can no longer play (owing to shitty lasers in sony products)

12. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Being banned from PSN???? oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, so I won't get to enjoy the company of the SDF? ... hmmmm homebrew, or the wonderful company of your lot?

All I can say is LULZ @ sony, slowly, but surely karma is coming back to bite them in the ass, and I think this time karma basically had wild prison sex with sony's anus (THEY GOT RAPED)! Sometimes I wonder if some people have an empathic connection to sony? cause it sure seems a lot of fanboys are but-hurt.

13. 405
    qazza

qazza Loyal Member

I would love to be able to play my PS2 games(pirated :D) on my PS3 so i can finally put it away but i dont want to be unable to play online.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
  14. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    no reason why you should be now, psn will work and a ps2 emulator (or hack to enable ps2 iso on early ps3's) can both be done.

15. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Do you mean this?.

First part of seven.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016