hit tracker

Ps3 ceche01 video issues

Discussion in 'PS3 Hardware Repairs & Problems' started by Burke13, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 1
    Burke13

Burke13 Loyal Member

So my brother in law gave me his ps3 ceche01 that's been in a tote in his closet for 4 years or so since the video went out.
    When I got it and plugged up. I got a solid green light but no signal with a/v and HDMI. I tryd the video reset nothing. And I couldn't. Get to safe mode. Then I read a post saying to pull the hdd and then turn it on to see if I got the no hdd detected screen to see if it was a gpu or hdd issue. When I did this I got a black screen with multi colored dots all over it. Then I disassembled it to see if there was any obvious damage to the motherboard and to clean the dust out. It was remarkably clean inside which surprised me. Because the out side was filthy. But anyway after the hdd thing I noticed I was only getting the black screen with colored dots with HDMI, a/v still said no signal. After lots of forum post reading and video watching. I tryd power (something) the system letting it run for an hour then off for 20 min. And repeating. After the 6Th time when I turned it back on I tryd to get to safe mode it worked I connected a controller and started down the list none of them made a difference tell I did restore ps3 system. When it was done and restarted system I got the ps3 symbol and sound I thought awesome it's fixed. I went through all the set up. But when I finished and the screen flashed. I seen the wave then it flashes again and boom back to the black screen with colored dots but I have sound now. I hear the start up sound and can hear the beeps when using the D pad.
    So is this a gpu problem that can be fixed with a reflow or reball, or something different entirely. Any help would be greatly appreciated.