hit tracker

PS3 Decr Project - Finding the rest of the PS3 secrets

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Aug 23, 2011.

By GaryOPA on Aug 23, 2011 at 3:36 PM
  1. 25,375
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    One of the things that have not been fully explored is the PS3 Reference Tool Kit, this device called the DECR-1000A has no Blu-Ray player, but it has many other features, like dual 400gb HDD's, dual HDMI outputs, VGA output, 4 LAN ports, 6 USB ports, override/debug switches, and prototype SYSCON.

This tool costs over $10,000 from Sony and only used by high-end Game Studios as it has features which are not allowed in normal DEBUG / TEST machines, like the ability to dump the actual Hypervisor and LV1 memory ranges, basically it is dream-house of low-level knowledge waiting for the right person to look into its core brains more deeply using today's PS3 knowledge that we now have, thanks in part to all the previously released tools!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is were adrianc enters the PS3 battle arena, and has started a "fund raising effort" to grab one of these little babies (pictured above), most of the big money has already been privately raised, so now he has open up the last bit of $1,800 to be raised via donations from the PS3 public that want to see more great low-level PS3 knowledge released, more developer tools, better homebrew, faster emulators, and maybe even some stuff like keys for v3.56+, you never know want might be discovered by ripping this costly sucker apart with solid developers like adrianc behind this project that has worked closely with all the other key PS3 developers on IRC channels, and knows what needs to done!

NEWS SOURCE: http://ps3decr.blogspot.com/

UPDATED: - This project has turned into a mind-blowing 'Scene Drama', please see this new thread for all the latest Crunching Gossip!

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Aug 23, 2011.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. 20
      EiKi

EiKi Loyal Member

Welder @ ABB AB
      Done, lets do this! its for a good cause to the whole ps3 scene :D
      every cent counts nothing is to small afaik!

Man this unit looks BADASS LOL, id love one just for the awesome pc/ps3 looks of it :)

2. 100
      B3nji

B3nji Loyal Member

Thats awesome fellas. I'll kick in what I can for sure.

3. 891
      Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
      Why buy one? didn't you know...
      Math has had one the entire time!
      if I have some spare cash laying around after the school semester starts up I'll be sure to donate at least something, I'm seriously wanting a 3.6/3.7CFW just so my pre-order of Operation Raccoon City doesn't have the same fate as my Portal 2, Alice, and when I get it... Bleach. View attachment 671

4. 189
      Ploggy

Ploggy Loyal Member

Does Sony do special checks on who's buying these type of devices?
      or do they just sell them to anyone who has the cash?

Good luck to the guys getting it, if this can do what people think it can do and progress the scene forward it can only be a good thing. :)

5. 548
      sabin1981

sabin1981 Agent Sparrow Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.nfohump.com/forum/index.php
      Hmmmm.

... I'll donate, but I'm not holding my breath as to any results - especially when it comes to 3.6x keys. That little carrot has been dangled in front of our noses for so long, it's gone rotten. No; what's more likely to happen is that adrian will get the DECR and then nothing will come of it.

(yes, I'm that much of a "realist" :p)

6. 833
      master737373

master737373 Press Buttons :D Loyal Member

None
      Based on experience I guess. I'm not looking forward *much* to this, but I'll look up updates about this when he actually gets the Reference Tool.

We've had too many let downs, we don't need more at the moment.

7. 283
      tthousand

tthousand Senior Member Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://psx-scene.com
      Great to see this project advancing, and 'scene' support!!! From when I say it a couple of days ago, with 1 donater, to now almost halfway there! This news coverage is helping alot.

Here is an interview(my first attempt at it :D) I did with adrianc:

Original Source: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/exclusive-ps3-decr-project-interview-adrianc-coming-soon-1356/

BTW: You are about to get your picture snatched. Awsome as always G. King!

PS: Tell me if you want a shout out, I do not know if those are your pics or not!!!

8. 339
      Senaxx

Senaxx PS3SceneFiles Admin Loyal Member

Slacker
      Home Page:
      https://www.playstationscenefiles.com
      I'm a bit skeptical about this. I'm not sure if we see anything on this in a very long time. PS3News announced almost 2 years ago they acquired a PS3TOOL but nothing came from it. And the latest publicly firmware available for this unit is 3.15 or something (correct me if i'm wrong). I would love to donate but i'm not convinced... (yet)

9. 25
      L0YD

L0YD Loyal Member

Adrianc didn't released qa flagging when Math told him not to,pretty sure he's not going to release a thing,since that devs circle refuse to release anonymously and scared of lawsuits.

10. 161
      Dark Scyth

Dark Scyth Loyal Member

I'm pretty sure there is some type of verification process to ensure this doesn't get into the hands of the public, how he plans to get past that, who knows but good luck to you. I think this would stir up everyone at Sony, might even be back to their prosecuting ways depending on how good (for the scene) this turns out.

11. 25,375
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      The pictures are taken from the official FCC files

12. 50
      Dasanko

Dasanko Loyal Member

That's what I am thinking as well. It seems lately there's a lot of interesting amongst certain people to obtain hardware through donations -> If, as has been said before, 3.6X+ keys, full hardware unlock, etc. can be attained as it is now, what's the point on these things? Just for someone's personal interest in tinkering with them?

Please keep in mind I am not only talking about adrianc and this PS3 Tool.

Pretty sure it has more to do with power/control than fear of a lawsuit.

13. 229
      Gamba

Gamba Loyal Member

I'm sorry but I call BS on adrianc. He's just following the '' lol donations everywhere might as well get money out of people '' trend that is going on. Anyway, I hope I'm wrong but from what we have seen months ago with the dev circle (with Mathieulh) I can only say that I'm really really really really skeptical if not calling BS on this one. Maybe he's real but he's got to release things or at least show some proof of concept or anything to make us decide to donate.

14. 352
      tonybologna

tonybologna Loyal Member

construction business owner, affiliate marketing,
      I'm sorry but this is one I will not donate for. I already donated to GeoHot & graf. It's not about the money this time. It's just the trust factor for me now. I'm out on this one! I have a feeling this guy has something to hide or should I say some mula to keep. Thanks!

15. 548
      sabin1981

Home Page:
      I donated. I can afford to spare that (as I've donated to Gitbrew several times and nothing has yet come of that either*) and I don't expect anything to come of it. People like adrianc lost a lot of trustworthiness in my eyes by associating with Mathieulh and deliberately blocking scene advances due to some moral posturing bullshit. He claims NOW that he'll release the 3.6x keys, but to be honest? I don't believe that for a second. Still, I donate to salve my own conscience and to do my part at pushing scene progress, no matter how small my part is :( At least now nobody can say I haven't tried.

*and according to Gitbrew's twitter, development and progress on their "awesome" 3.6 exploit is "slow to non-existent". Awesome indeed. Does anyone really wonder why I'm so bitter?

16. 0
      samdrlvt

samdrlvt Guest

I have donated too, hoping that some break on 3.56+ security could be made. I have mix feelings about my donations, because the previous ones that i have made (gitbrew; geohot; dospiedras1973), has not reached the desired goal. After 3.60 firmware, no more developments have been made (only the complicated downgrade methods - progskeet and teensy++). Ok, we have more homebrew development, but... to me that´s not enough...

I will wait 2 months more, expecting results. If not, my next "donation" is to Sony, buying a second PS3 to the latest games and online...

Let´s hope that the next chapters on PS3 history will be more shiny :)

17. 548
      sabin1981

Home Page:
      Do we have the right link here? Or are people "on the other place" batshit fucking insane? People are commenting on tthousand's interview with adrianc, saying stuff such as;

"$910 out of $1800 raised so far!"

"half the money in just a day and a half"

Huh? Wait, huh? According to the site we've linked here, it says $789/1800 and that's since the 24th of JULY (ie; last month) when adrian opened the site.

18. 0
      samdrlvt

samdrlvt Guest

19. 548
      sabin1981

Home Page:
      Thanks sam, I guess it's something fucked with my Chrome then (again..) since FF and IE both show the updated amount. Bah. Well, at least it's halfway -- though still, it sure as hell wasn't in a day and a half, since the blog post went up on the 24th of July.

I guess the "top donors" list is updated manually not automatic?

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.