hit tracker

PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.84 released

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by Joonie86, Mar 22, 2019.

By Joonie86 on Mar 22, 2019 at 2:27 PM
  1. 924
    Joonie86

Joonie86 Developer for Team Rebug Developer

System Admin
    Home Page:
    http://rebug.me
    Today, we proudly present the very first modified OFW that can be installed on all PS3 models.
    (NOTE: THIS IS NOT A FULL BLOWN CFW, HOWEVER IT Allows you to run the patched webkit exploit that's ported to 4.84).
    [​IMG]

Yes, you didn't hear wrong, it can be installed over ALL OFW versions on ALL PS3 models (OFW 4.83, 4.84 , CECH-3XXX, CECH-4XXX and etc.). We wanted this to be called "HHHFW" since it was Hybrid, Hack-able, HAN ready also inspired by @habib but let's call it HFW since this is Hybrid FW (Well you can call this MFW).
    Special thanks @habib @bguerville @esc0rtd3w @Doge_Rules @DeViL303 @littlebalup

Download via EurAsia: --> http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?n...details&lid=13151&ttitle=PS3Xploit_HFW_4.84.2

NEWS SOURCE: PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.84 released via PSX-PLACE

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by Joonie86, Mar 22, 2019.

1. 363
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

It cant say works on all models and firmware then later say only works on hackable systems.

2. 25,651
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      That's only if you WISH to switch to a real full CFW after installing this. -- You can't do that YET on the newer models.

But this HFW will still install on all models, and you get 'new features' not normally available, like using 'webkit exploits', and (cough) possible XMB mods and rif license hacks that allow you to 'convert' PSN demos to real games, and some cool workarounds to get 'pirated' stuff working, not totally easy, but there various utilities out there now being updated to support this, just like previous PS3xploit releases for v4.82 and earlier firmwares.

3. 456
      STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

@GaryOPA i have once question.

How could of Joonie posted this here when his last activity is on March 11 ??
      Also how can psx-place be a secondary source when the Eurasia link is quoting psx-place.
      also why would Joonie if writing this himself use psx-place as a secondary source and not his own thread about it?

Looks like your doing some sneaky stuff from my observations here.

4. 924
      Joonie86

System Admin
      Home Page:
    5. 924
      Joonie86

System Admin
      Home Page:
      HFW works on all PS3s, what it can do depends on models of PS3. Downgrading feature is exclusive to downgradable PS3s.

"HAN" feature works on all models and you will need to research a bit.

6. 25,651
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      @STLcardsWS - Nothing sneaky, as general rule I normally 'manually assign' major news announcements about homebrew or firmwares to the 'author' or developer of it, if they are member of my site, and also have 'developer status', that way they have full control over editing the first post, when there is updates, without the need to inform me to edit it.

At the time when @Joonie86 informed me directly about the news on telegram I was too busy to post it, and the next day I was out on mobile, and when trying to prepare the posts I had issues viewing your site psx-place (btw, that large overlaying banner ad at the bottom that you need to close first, makes it hard on mobile viewing), and also the XF editor here is tough to use when on mobile very slow, so I just quickly added the two sources, it was not my attention at all to take focus away from the main original source, I hope you understand that, next time you have issue please contact me directly, I am easy to reach and I would had fixed it right away.

Thanks. :)

7. 456
      STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Yea, i do similar things when the news is posted on the site by the person and if i do any editing i apply "-STLcardsWS" as the end or at the bottom apply news prepared by STLcardsWS. Without you adding anything like , that is a sneaky way to make it look like the developer had posted it on your site as well. Now does it not by appearance?

large banner (that is very tiny on mobile actually) that you can even click on the "X" and remove it. hmmmm, not sure what that had to do with anything,..? or your issue with sourcing as you obviously got the link, Nice try at a jab but quite the fail :) . But speaking of ads, I think your ads here are way more aggressive ..

Joonie / bguerville / habib / esc0rtd3w because we also talk to these guys and get info before releases that does not mean much of anything about what the source is. Now you included the psx-place link so user's could see things correctly. that is good. Your far ahead of so many people not doing it right and it hurts the devs and users. You know that. So thanks for adding that aspect, but you have to admit by re-assigning a post like that is not giving an honest perception . If that was not done, there really would not of been much of an issue but you combine it all together it was foul. un-Intentional or not you know how that look and why i would say something

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    8. 14
      spandaman

spandaman Loyal Member

SHADOW
      @Joonie86..... Do you think this was the case???

Sharing is caring.... Stealing no feeling, Thanks to the work of

9. 14
      spandaman

spandaman Loyal Member

SHADOW
      Apologies for double post (mobile ffs)

wrote
      @Joonie86.....would you agree with this?

Sharing is caring, and honest errors happen.

Thanks to this foul post, users can give thanks and props to devs/creators. ( even search and get to sources/sites/repos etc.

Just my 2 cents, a little less malice and more scene love eh :)

10. 924
      Joonie86

System Admin
      Home Page:
      @spandaman I didn't post the articles here myself and neither wanted the FW to be one source exclusive as this was meant to be shared for all. However the article here looks like posted by me without my consent is totally wrong and I told Gary not to do it anymore.

11. 24
      Leobgood

Leobgood Loyal Member

Wow! Amazing how far the PS3 has been and is still be "exploited". Many thanks!

12. 21
      switchnewbo

switchnewbo Loyal Member