hit tracker

PS4 Aux Hax series by fail0verflow

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by modrobert, Jul 30, 2018.

By modrobert on Jul 30, 2018 at 12:23 AM
  1. 49
    modrobert

modrobert Staff Member MaxConsole News Team Developer

Home Page:
    fail0verflow have posted a series of articles about PS4 hardware besides the main x86 cores of the APU titled 'PS4 Aux Hax'.
    [​IMG]

They go through a number of PS4 chipsets starting off with Aeolia, the PS4 southbridge, then moving on to Syscon, and finally the Dualshock4.

fail0verflow cover several power analysis methods such as DPA (Differential Power Analysis), CPA (Correlated Power Analysis) and glitching techniques. I find the articles really deep and interesting, huge thanks to fail0verflow for sharing.

Perhaps a little bit odd there's no mention of the power analysis pioneer Colin O'Flynn and his ChipWhisperer hardware, which is hard to avoid when doing any kind of power analysis research. I was involved in a skunkworks project back in 2017, not related to PS4, but I was using ChipWhisperer, highly recommended tool.

NEWS SOURCE: PS4 Aux Hax series by fail0verflow (via) EurAsia

Leobgood, Robbie Luong and hitman43 like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by modrobert, Jul 30, 2018.