hit tracker

PSN Games Protection Defeated?

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Sep 27, 2011.

By GaryOPA on Sep 27, 2011 at 8:06 AM
  1. 25,460
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Strange things are happening in the PS3 Scene recently, first a bunch of leaks of various tools and possible new keys, and now a Warez group called DUPLEX has returned with a truck load of PSN games that normally would not be playable on Jailbroken Sony PS3 Consoles running CFW v3.55!

[​IMG]

Here is just a small sample of games released so far:

Now we don't support piracy, so any linking to these files or giving hints to where to find them, will result in a ban from us, but we are opening up this thread for public discussion on your thoughts on how this was possible:

#1 - Was it to do with the recent stream of leaks?
    #2 - New keys that have not been released yet, possible v3.60+?
    #3 - Sony fucked up again, and someone figure out it was easy to crack?
    #4 - A new undocumented exploit that Duplex knows but others don't?

So many questions, please freely discuss it, but remember no posting links or hints to where to find these PSN games! :)

NEWS SOURCE: http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/psn-games-unlocked-for-cfw/

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Sep 27, 2011.

1. 780
      xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://deviant-generation.com/
      Slow your roll folks! We are working towards a common goal. If you can't say something nice, take it to PM, or don't say it at all.

Likewise if you found something out - share it. That's the whole point of this topic. Don't hide the info. That's what got us to the point in this scene to begin with.

2. 0
      erexx

erexx Guest

I agree. Its the same crap over and over... I know some thing you dont and your lol supids good riddance haha blah blah.
      FU light year. -BYE-

3. 4
      johnsonP

johnsonP Loyal Member

I know nothing about this but thought I would throw it out there anyway but would the curve_type need to be modified?

4. 96
      MOST Hated

MOST Hated Loyal Member

Come on cruncher's!
      Drama land, drama land, ps3 fucking drama land!
      It's old, man..
      Makes me think of two whores arguing in the same mirror,
      about who slept with better dudes..
      It doesn't matter.
      Either way you look at it.
      Their still whores and it's the same mirror.
      Just.. Fall back, take a breath, stop fighting.
      Share and share alike.

No matter which direction the race started,
      it's still the same goal.

5. 891
      Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
      Holy fuck, in like 16 hours that I`ve been away from this thread it turned into a Drama storm.. cmon guys, if you know it, put it out, if the person wants to know how, they'll either ask, or use the end point to reproduce what you did so they learn it, there's no need to withhold things, and be snippy with each other, swear it's like some people are PMSing some days when it comes to this scene.

6. 41
      ATRfate

ATRfate Loyal Member

Full time Student/Part time Repairman of classic a
      NVM after testing pointless post delete.

7. 847
      pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

8. 43
      lightyear

lightyear Loyal Member

I'm not trying to start another arguement...I just want to show this screenshot. My decrypted elf on the left, duplex's is on the right. I used Sonic 4

[​IMG]

9. 4
      johnsonP

johnsonP Loyal Member

Did you decrypt duplex's sonic eboot or original sonic eboot?

And does the eboot work when re-encrypting?

10. 43
      lightyear

lightyear Loyal Member

I decrypted the original. I haven't tried re-encrypting yet ;)

11. 4
      johnsonP

johnsonP Loyal Member

Have you tried it yet? I just encrypted the duplex decrypted limbo eboot and it worked, you must of tried by now??

12. 780
      xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://deviant-generation.com/
      Hey light i sent ya a PM.

13. 18
      RikuKH3

RikuKH3 Loyal Member

lightyear, in your Sonic 4 example screens you compare headers. Your tool inserted ELF header, but maybe failed actual decryption. You should compare actual unencrypted sections.

14. 43
      lightyear

lightyear Loyal Member

I'm not trying to cause drama, but that comment was over the line, man. I'm seriously offended by that, and I would like an apology szlifier. that was only meant to offend me, and cause drama....it's troll baiting at the raw definition.

I shouldn't have said it that way, and I would like to apologize for that, but that was a low blow.

all I am trying to do is help, and there is only so much information I can give away without jeopardizing my own project trying to get npdrm content cracked. If I could give you guys the answer, believe me...I would. That is my ultimate goal here. I just don't have it completed yet. I want to crack npdrm so I can release it publicly, but I'm not going to show my whole hand while my project is still in progress. I'm sure you guys can understand that. part of PS360's motto is no secrets...but that doesn't mean we will jeopardize completing the project ourselves by telling everyone everything before it's completed.

I will make the entire ps3 scene a guarantee. If we have this all sorted out before anyone else releases a method, we will be 100% open about it. that is, and always has been out intention with everything we do. That is the meaning behind our 'no secrets' motto.

15. 4,102
      gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
      http://techbliss.org
      I honestly understand your intentions lightyear and hence I appreciate that but truthfully, whilst slizfier has said that "Hey it's Math under different aliases (basically that)", the best thing you should've done is just ignore it (but sometimes anger gets the better of someone in certain situations).

Speaking of your efforts, d0zs even praised you for using cygwin as 'it is confusing'.

As for you slizfier, that comment was a tad silly to say the least (no offense intended).

Lastly, when I tell more than 1 person to "knock it off", I mean that and that only - that's all.

16. 438
      nextbike

nextbike Loyal Member

I am really enjoying this thread and have faith that if you all work together you can easily beat psn content protection. My idea would be working on decrypting edata and finding a way to add the information to act.dat.

Here is some nice info
      http://coderslynk.blogspot.com/2011...howComment=1317530766977#c9065854050790450850
      Maybe someone can get in touch with slynk privately and see if he has any more info he can add.

I have been working on this very slowly for awhile now and will share anything I find that I think will add to the conversation.

17. 103
      szlifier

szlifier Loyal Member

Looks like someone can't take a joke, or it was too sensitive issue. I really didn't mean to offend anyone.

Nevertheless, no public apology to lightyear as he didn't present anything worthwhile in this thread, I don't like his attitude. I actually supported him few pages back and I would still like to see him sharing his discoveries here.

As for the drama, everyone please stop arguing for no reason (my removed post too), you act like you really want to dramatise over anything. Don't take everything seriously and any questions as a personal attack. Grow up.

PS. Props to lightyear for spelling my name correctly.

18. 43
      lightyear

lightyear Loyal Member

actually, I did. If you look at the evidence a few pages back, it shows what tools I used, and that's enough to give you the answer, if you know what you're doing. Like I said, I can't just tell everyone everything and jeopardize my project, so in all honesty, be glad I've given as much info as I have, because now it's apparent I shouldn't have even done that since people can't even be grateful that I'm helping at all, the little bit that I can. If you don't like my tips & advice, then don't read it, but anyone who knows how to do this can actually decrypt any npdrm bin now with the clues I've given and a little thought.

19. 182
      Kvass

Kvass Loyal Member

Dude, people are grateful (At least I am). You know this scene. People is going to throw shit at you for no apparent reason. If you get mad cause 1-2 trolls start saying shit, they win. Just ignore them (I know its easy to say) and know there are many folks out there who really appreciate what you are doing.

20. 438
      nextbike

nextbike Loyal Member