hit tracker

PSN security totally compromised, hackers access your accounts and credit cards

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Apr 26, 2011.

1. 888
    wewii

wewii Loyal Member

Really glad I only use points cards on Live to avoid this kind of BS if it was to ever happen. The most I would be out is $20 worth of points. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
  2. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Not to mention we hold sony responsible for doing their job. If I work in a jail and I allow inmates to escape, will they take pity on me saying "Well the inmates shouldn't have escaped", or will they hold me responsible? As I keep saying, we have (had in my case) business with sony, not with hackers.

3. 38
    irie

irie Loyal Member

this is why i NEVER use my credit cards for these kinds of things.......

4. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

No need, many on here will tell you that I wasn't as critical of sony as I am now. I hope I wasn't considered one of these flaming fanboys, but I did understand the things they did, and never thought much of it; though I never annoyed those that didn't agree with sony (never have considered that my problem). My problem was the removal of OtherOS because it finally dawned on me that this was the result of my complacent attitude to whatever sony did.

Even now I don't think the ps3 is a bad machine, my problems lay with sony, and their tactics. They've shown me that you can't agree with them when they do even the smallest thing wrong because that only serves to inflate their ego and this means they'll only look to outdo themselves next time.

Anyways, as has been said, network should have been shut down immediately, notices of possible breach should have been sent out to all account holders even prior to contacting the investigative firm, then after they results of the investigation do a follow up. Whoever decided they should wait 'til after the investigation is over to warn people is an idiot. The very same day they brought the PSN down they should have said why, instead of telling people it was going to take 2 days to fix to buy time, if the senator hadn't brought it up sony would still be letting the SDF make up excuses for them all around the place, trying to lead everyone to believe that it was big bad Anonymous that did it.

5. 24
    arw

arw Loyal Member

Karma is about to smack sony straight in the fucking nuts...:)

6. 6,014
    grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
    I can attest to that...he was never a flaming fanboy...but he was a die hard ps3 fan. But he's always been open minded and realistic enough to call them out when any platform screwed up even the one he loved.

7. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Now I just need to get me a 360 and an iphone and you'll consider me your brother LOL! Well if it helps, I've been defending mobile gaming a lot these days... obviously still think a psp/ds game would probably be a better quality product, but mobile games good points, and there's just no way you'll get the same pick up and go feel on handheld games you do with mobile games. Actually you could, but it wouldn't be acceptable by most our standards.

Needless to say I'll probably get the ms console next gen... after waiting a few months and making sure I'm not buying something as reliable as a power strip from the 99cents store.

8. 6,014
    grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
    Actually the mobile side is getting pretty intense lately...you should see Dead Space on the ipad...its freakin beautiful and actually plays quite well. My newest addiction is Order and Chaos..its a WoW clone but is actually really high quality and so far is a blast to play with a great interface.

9. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Well I've been knocking out those gamevil RPGs as soon as they are ported to Android (Zenonia, Zenonia 2 and Illusia so far). Right now though I just bought The Symphony of the Eternity, and although the title leads me to believe there will be some grammar issues (shouldn't it had been The Symphony of Eternity?) I still have high hopes... sure it looks like a SNES game, but to me that's a plus :D

I bothered the people over at Kemco so much they sent me an email the day before the translated version was released... Anywho, sony blows.

10. 62
    jku2

jku2 Loyal Member

Anyone who supports hackers should think twice, the last thing you want to know is that your personal information is been compromised. This can happen to any companies on the Internet not just Sony, hackers will always try to find ways around things. I remember Visa, Mastercard and Xbox Live getting hacked and they stole alot of personal informations. It is therefore in the interest of the Companies to protect their investment and protect their consumers by applying legal rights, court orders, rewrite the codes, enhence network security, etc... This is why people should not be supporting hackers.

11. 6,014
    grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
    People shouldnt be supporting companies that apparently spend more researching drm methods against the constomers than protecting their customers information either....just sayin...

12. 8,169
    msanchez

msanchez Loyal Member

Don't waste your time grape, the guy is posting the exact same thing in every thread. Either it's an alias one of our disturbed sony lovers created (you know they need others to agree with their dimwit ideas, even if it is pretend people), it's a sony employee, or is just yet another deluded individual.

Whatever the case, you won't get through.