hit tracker

PSP 2001 UMD Door

Discussion in 'PSP Newbie Corner & Tutorials' started by Goober, May 16, 2010.

1. 2
    Goober

Goober Loyal Member

Hello,

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me identify the part I need to fix my son's PSP. Basically when you open the UMD there used to be a slot to put the disc in before closing the door. That slot piece seems to be missing now. I'm wondering if that is part of the door assembly or an entirely different part altogether. I've attached a picture to show what mine currently looks like. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

2. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

looking in my psp2k i can't see what's missing?

3. 2
    Goober

Goober Loyal Member

Missing Piece

It's missing the piece the disk slides into to hold it in place when closing the door.

4. 2,907
    MaxMouseDLL

MaxMouseDLL Pink Flower Loyal Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  5. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

There is no piece to slide a UMD into like the original PSP, your drive looks identical to my fully working one. Place the UMD inside the drive and notice it will go into place against the door but if you tip your psp the umd will move and hit the metal bar... that's normal.

Place the UMD into the drive ensure that it is touching the door/within the door frame, close the drive and fire it up, done.... i don't think you have anything missing... i think the owner doesn't know how to use the PSP :p