hit tracker

PSPgo green light on, screen dead black.

Discussion in 'PSP Repairs & Accessories' started by kirbyfreako, Aug 4, 2010.

1. 2
    kirbyfreako

kirbyfreako Loyal Member

I turned off my pspgo fully before i went to sleep, woke up the next morning and turned it on, went to the Internet Browser feature, and then my screen acted kinda funky, with like static lines, and then showing me spongebob's secret tv show (the colors of the rainbow that you get when your tv has no signal).

Then, I tried turning my psp off, and my screen went blank. But my green light is still on. Im afraid to remove the battery, if i break a warranty void or something :/

What should I do?

And could it be that my screen is broken?

2. 2,907
    MaxMouseDLL

MaxMouseDLL Pink Flower Loyal Member

It could be any number of things, bad connections internally, strange firmware issue...

Don't take the battery out... just leave it to run itself out, it'll kill itself eventually... then try to power it back up with the charger in... if you get nothing, then it's most probably a hardware fault.

Either way, this is probably going to have to be looked at by a Sony service centre, who will more than likely just replace your unit.

3. 2
    kirbyfreako

kirbyfreako Loyal Member

How would I get it to a sony service centre?

Thanks for the reply

4. 2,907
    MaxMouseDLL

MaxMouseDLL Pink Flower Loyal Member

You find out where one is, and you take it there? that part really isn't rocket science...