hit tracker

Purchased a buggy game? You're allowed a refund in the UK!

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by billysastard, Dec 26, 2010.

1. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
  2. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    you really dont like it when even professionals show that it was against the law do you, just burry your head in the sand but remember to keep your ass in the air so you can continue to take it from your masters.

the patch that screwed up the ps3 version of cod:bo was supposed to FIX some other bugs, it just made things worse, anyone who bough the game bought the original bugs with it and if they were not online they are stuck with them.

3. 6,064
    saleem

saleem Loyal Member

i been saying this for long time now,there should be something like bbfc but,one that tests games to check the quality is ok,offline and on,if it dont met the standard it should be recalled and the game should be reprogrammed to the correct standard.
    :)

4. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:

that wouldnt be needed if customers werent such fanboys or so spineless, if everyone just took every buggy game back the minute a patch was needed or released the stores themselves would soon stop stocking games from publishers who didnt have adequate qc which in turn would force the bastards to properly test their games in the first place, sadly though it seems that far too many people are more concerned about massaging their online e-peinises than having complete working games.

5. 165
    MongooseJesus

MongooseJesus Loyal Member

Student
    Home Page:
    http://dancarreras.tumblr.com
    lol if it's end of story why do you feel the need to defend it still whilst laws agree it was illegal and can get refunds or partial refunds?

I suppose laws and what is 'Right' and 'Wrong' are all based on someones opinion anyway.

This is still cool news though :D at least we still have some rights left here in the UK :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2010
  6. 0
    uberfry

uberfry Guest

altiar360: I feel sorry for you... got any occupation other than constant posting? (like that xenogears guy?)

7. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    firstly infractions are for MEMBERS insulting other members or staff and secondly i gave you a warning not an infraction, a warning will not get you banned, an infraction will if you get 3, i'd also given you a verbal warning in another thread the day before and you still carried on and did pick up an infraction but not from me. we do however allow for a certain amount of banter between the more regular fanboy posters (like say you and illness) because if we didnt we'd end up banning half the forum members instead of just those who consistently troll, of course now we've got rid of most of the spammers it leaves more time to keep an eye on everything else.

as far as the rest of your post goes, no i dont think they set out to be evil, they set out to make money so will do things like fit low quality lasers, charge for repairs that are the result of their problems, install rootkits, steal other companies ip, make "generous donations" to get the laws they want and of course remove features to create additional space to add other features or to reduce costs, the problem is that by doing those things it makes them look evil (and yes, i know other companies are no better but you are talking about sony).

8. 893
    wrathchild

wrathchild Loyal Member

You're an idiot.

9. 1,405
    unwanted

unwanted Loyal Member

if a game requires patching to make it work as intended by the Dev/Publisher then it is classed as buggy... therefore those wishing to, can claim a refund for the returned buggy game under the Sale of Goods Act... it makes no difference that the patch is available via the internet, you can still return for refund... GT5 was riddled with bugs and still is... therefore can be returned under Sale of Goods act for full refund...

re: comparison of Sony YLOD and M$ RROD, at least M$ admitted there was a problem and gave an extended warranty to those effected... Sony just claim the numbers of PS3's effected are only 0.5% and not worth worrying about...

also add to the fact how many companies remove a feature from a computer system, no they Patch it... not Sony though, they remove features and make the excuse it was to protect the system from piracy... yet it hadnt even been implimented for piracy (it was just a concept from a iPhone hacker), also add the fact they needed the room on the firmware that the Other OS feature occupied, that was the real reason for its removal, the piracy excuse was just the excuse Sony needed to pull OtherOS and nothing more...

also about firmware updates... why do Sony force people to update or not access online play on games... seems strange, I buy a games console to play online, with the online games I purchase for the console, yet if I dont update my console Sony stop me from playing that said game online... and if I do update and for some reason that update wrecks my console (or stops my pad from functioning, which it has done many a time) I am supposed to take it on the chin, every time, without question... I think if Sony fecks up my machine with one of there poxy untested updates then they should pay to fix it... I am not being unreasonable, its the same service I get from Apple and Microsoft... at least they give me an option to install or not install, they dont say if you dont update you aint going online...

and before you pull me on the Untested Firmware, yes that is what I said, Untested Firmware, Sony even admitted they have to many PS3 versions out to test the firmware out on them all properly... therefore it has not and never will be tested properly...

10. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    warranty is fine if you dont say things like "if our forced firmware update kills your playstation its your fault and you must pay to get it fixed.

once it became obvious that ms were going to get raped in court they opted for the lower cost of extending the warranty onn the 360 allowing them to replace as many of the crappy units as they could, what did sony do about ylod? charge you after 1 year.

tell me, why didnt the sixaxis controller have a rumble feature? because sony had just lost a court case where it was proven they had stolen immersions ip (which ms also did but they paid up and bought part of the company), once sony were forced to pay out damages for the theft they bought a licence and the ds3 was born.

11. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    this one?

it was targeted at urmaster for saying this.....

12. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    what i said offered you a choice of doing it or not, homosexuality is not a choice its really that simple.

13. 1,113
    beterweter

beterweter Loyal Member

they would love you at playstation.com alongside with everyone that gobbles anything sony plunges out.
    they schould have strengtenth securety,not removed it.
    its just common sence that people don't like to get stripped,and finaly its been found ilegal to do so.
    its as simple as gets said here over and over,you paid for it so you schould be able to keep it.

14. 447
    urmaster

urmaster Loyal Member

Just give up on him billysastard; I had to as well because he just couldn't see it.

I'm quite happy to see games finally getting some of the same treatment as other goods.

15. 725
    Hamsterman-SWE

Hamsterman-SWE Loyal Member

Don't forget the patch that was supposed to "FIX" COD:BO on the PC version made it unplayable. Well its surely a good news for the UK consumers I hope that the retailers here in Sweden goes under these laws. But here it is a year old process to get things right for you.

16. 749
    ok123

ok123 Loyal Member

Isnt this quite subjective? I mean, what defines as "satisfactory quality" can variate from person to person.

To take one example, i have played Black Ops PS3 for about 40 hours. Is the game buggy? It has some framerate issues for sure, but do i find the game to be of satisfactory quality? I would say so. I have afterall played the game for about 40 hours. Naturally i wish that the framerate was better, but i still find the game playable.

A friend of mine sold his copy of Black Ops PS3 like 2-3 week later and he hardly played it because he didnt like it at all. I belive that it was mostly because it plays a bit differently than Modern Warfare 2 and he didnt really give Black Ops much time, but lets say that he used the framerate as an excuse for why he didnt like it. So he would have a quite different opinion about the game than what i have.

Who is going to determaine what defines as "satisfactory quality" if a game shall be returned?

17. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

...So in conclusion, even the Mods are biased, so don't expect to get anywhere on this site, laters!

18. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    i would guess that the publishers decide satisfactory quality, if they need to publish a patch or fix to correct faults or glitches then its not of satisfactory quality because if it was it wouldnt need a fix.

19. 13,435
    billysastard

Home Page:
    no, in conclusion sony break the law, sony fanboys get butthurt about it and accuse everyone who dares say anything bad about them of being 360 fanboys or sony haters.

the question you need to ask yourself is this, if all the mods are sony haters then why have so many of them bought launch ps3's and psp's, maybe the hate for sony is because it has been created rather than just inbuilt as it is with fanboys like yourself?

20. 725
    Tsujin

Tsujin Loyal Member

Holy **** the handbags are out in this thread.