hit tracker

[Question] 3D0 and 3D1 Files

Discussion in 'Game Backup (ROM's) Discussion' started by raymaninho, Feb 3, 2015.

1. 11
    raymaninho

raymaninho Loyal Member

Sorry to post a new thread about this but I've been really wondering what's the correct way to do it, cause when reading the other thread, it says you can join them together into one file using the command prompt (copy /b file.3d0 + file.3d1 file.3ds) but it also says to just copy both files to the Gateway Micro SD card.
    I'm just worried it might stop working half way through if I go with the first method, and I'm not sure if the second one works for playing online (due to lack of the 3DZ extension) So what's the proper way to do this?

2. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Ok...... the 3d0 and 3d1 wjll work without being able to access online. The gateway is programmed to read them. They wont stop halfway through. To play online with games that are split your micro needs to be exfat formatted. Then you need to join the files with a tool like hjsplit or the gateway splitter. Insert a header and then remname to 3dz.

raymaninho likes this.
  3. 11
    raymaninho

raymaninho Loyal Member

So I need to insert the header again? Cause I'm making a dump of my original cartridge, wouldn't it already contain its original header? Or at least that's how it's always been when dumping smaller games

4. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

it's probably already included. I don't know if by splitting the game into two, it does something to the header. I don't have any cartridges so I never tried.

But you should probably be fine. If you want you can simply load the rom with Gateway Rom Patcher to check if it has a header already or not.

raymaninho likes this.
  5. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Lol yea when you dump it yourself it includes the header already. My bad. I ssee so many why wont my onlinework around the i terwebs and so i always include the headerbit.

raymaninho likes this.
  6. 11
    raymaninho

raymaninho Loyal Member

I just tested and I confirm that the original header is still there even when the rom is split in two parts, so you only need to join files together and change the extension to 3DZ :smile:
    Thanks for the help!