hit tracker

Question about the former ROMs that used to exist...

Discussion in 'Game Backup (ROM's) Discussion' started by Ayodamianos, Jan 24, 2015.

1. 25
    Ayodamianos

Ayodamianos Loyal Member

Forgive me if this isn't allowed here, I hope I don't get in trouble for asking, I'm new, bear with me! Only asking for legitimate non piracy related reasons at this moment.

Does anyone know what has happened to all of the 3ds roms that used to be uploaded on torrent sites?(Keep reading) It seems that 90% of the pre-existing backups that people have graciously uploaded have seemingly vanished.. I'm currently on the hunt for a smash 3ds and resident evil revelations rom, ONLY because I actually own legit copies but they're downloaded from the eshop and I've yet to find a way to rip those for myself. Is it possible that nintendo has severely cracked down on most of the uploaders in the scene? If so... it seems like they really were hellbent on getting these off the web, considering I can't find anything!
    Thanks in advance for your input!

2. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Well... I don't really use torrents myself for this. While it may be faster, there's also the possibility of being fake or faulty.

In any case, sometimes stuff like that does happen in torrent websites. So I suggest you try to search for a forum with plenty of links to roms instead of using torrents. ;)

3. 25
    Ayodamianos

Ayodamianos Loyal Member

Thank you for your input bro.
    Torrents are 100% more reliable than forums with split links that you'd have to spend so much time downloading individually. Especially when they upload to file sites with super slow download times. Even forums could have faulty roms. It's clear that nintendo has cracked down on uploaders and it's pretty lame that they decided to do it the week I got my gateway. Doesn't matter though as I've found a 50gb comprehensive collection of games on a torrent that I could select individual games to download from. Best wishes!

4. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Well.. I can't argue about the download speeds. lol

I guess it's just a matter of how good the source is.