hit tracker

[Question] Codename: REBUG For Dummies

Discussion in 'Codename: REBUG PS3 CFW Releases and Support' started by 1PHYSQ, Oct 7, 2013.

1. 1
    1PHYSQ

1PHYSQ Loyal Member

Hi,

I'm completely new to the Playstation field and am purchasing my very first PS3 tomorrow(WOOHOO, only a few years late) and was wondering if there is an idiots guide to everything I need to do to be able to play downloaded games on the PS3 with the ability to play online.
    I've been told there's a risk to playing online and was wondering how great this risk was, and whether there were certain actions that trigger it?

The unit I'm purchasing is a 320gb white PS3 with 2 controllers for $199(good price? *shrugs*)

I understand if it's on the latest firmware I'm to downgrade and stumbled across this guide here which is very well written and hopefully still relevant.

Thanks all for any information you can provide.

2. 1
    Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans Loyal Member

Welcome! Well first thing is that your PS3 has to be downgradable first. Any 3K or 4K PS3 can't be downgraded. Some 2K PS3's can. Depending on what it is, you will need either E3 (the most common since most PS3s are NOR) or something else like progskeet for NAND PS3's. If you were lucky enough to get a PS3 on 3.55 or below OFW, you're fine and just need to install the CFW and QA Flag it.